• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free range time. What do you do?

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I have a large garden, but it does contain plants that could be poisonous to rabbits, I have a lot of bulbs I planted earlier this year before getting the buns. I also have a small dry stone wall to one side, which is easily escapable.

I would like to section off part of the garden for free range time, so I am not running after them trying to see what both buns are up to. EDIT: this does not mean that I want to leave them alone at any point, just I want to enjoy rabbits being rabbits, rather than keeping the out of michief, in our garden and avoiding eating the bulbs when they come up in the Spring.

How have you done it? I was thinking of using these

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

and just separating it up. I already have one, but one side and the roof are permenantly pinned together, although easy to store, it would make it difficult(although not impossible) to use as a pen.

Pics would be appreciated.

Last edited:
its hard to know i am probly a bit ott but i only planted plants in my garden which were bunny safe and removed any thing i didnt know about ... some people jsut watc htheir buns i do get bluebells which are poisonous but i havent ever seen my buns touch them so i leave them its only a few tho. i watch buns when in garden. if you are worried section off an area? x

that is what I was asking about, how have other people done it? it is not only the plants I am worried about but the short dry stone walling that seperates us from our neighbours, as his garden is not secure at all.

I do watch them, but find myself running after one rabbit, whilst the other gets into mischief, and vice versa

Back