• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unisex Bunnies

blaisey

Mama Doe
Yesterday we found out the Flopsie is probably a girl.
I'd had a feeling for a couple of weeks since I guessed his plums should have dropped so I asked the vet to check yesterday and he reckons that Flopsie is a girl too.

However, we can't stop calling him the masculine names we used to call him. I often call him "Mister" or "Little Fella" and was wondering how wrong it would be to call a little girl little boy names :lol: Blokey reckons that as Bunny doesn't even understand Hoomin, never mind English that it doesn't really matter.

Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to stop thinking of your bunny as one sex even when you know it is another.

I have to disagree with your bloke - rabbits do understand hoomin and English, as Lucifer proves when she comes running over to me when called, or follows me on command :love:

I have a girlie bun called 'Harvey'. Thought she was a boy until I took her to vet for neuter. Was really weird to think of her as a girl at first and it confused the hell out of my daughter who was 2 then.

Now, whenever we get any other pets or rabbits to foster she always asks me 'Are they gonna always be a boy or a girl?' - think I may have mentally scarred her for life. :shock:

Did Honor Sex him/her for you when you went for the vaccinations? And did you use the same vets and saw Kevin?

How old is bunny now?

Did Honor Sex him/her for you when you went for the vaccinations? And did you use the same vets and saw Kevin?

How old is bunny now?

Well we saw Honor the first time and she had a look didn't tell us that he wasn't a boy. It was Kevin we saw yesterday and I asked him to check and he said that Flopsie looks like a girl.

I think Flopsie gave him a bit of a shock when he made an attempt to escape and jumped over my shoulder :?

Edit He's about 16 weeks now

Well we saw Honor the first time and she had a look didn't tell us that he wasn't a boy. It was Kevin we saw yesterday and I asked him to check and he said that Flopsie looks like a girl.

I think Flopsie gave him a bit of a shock when he made an attempt to escape and jumped over my shoulder :?

Edit He's about 16 weeks now

Hmm......If You had told Honor he was a boy and she looked but didn't say otherwise I would be surprised if she got it wrong! I suppose it does happen though, although some bunnies don't develop until a little later on. I'm going to PM you.....

I've got a Polish little bun called Bob. I haven't seen any bits as yet (and he's nearly 1)..... so he could be a she. The prob I have is that he just wont be held to check, he's got a degree in wriggling :lol:

I've tried to grab him loads of times.. and just resigned myself to the fact that Bob could be a she:lol:

Whatever! I don't care... I'll find out one day, and in the meantime I love him/her to bits:love::love:

Bobbin

I've got a Polish little bun called Bob. I haven't seen any bits as yet (and he's nearly 1)..... so he could be a she. The prob I have is that he just wont be held to check, he's got a degree in wriggling :lol:

I've tried to grab him loads of times.. and just resigned myself to the fact that Bob could be a she:lol:

Whatever! I don't care... I'll find out one day, and in the meantime I love him/her to bits:love::love:

Bobbin

:lol:

I have a boy bun called Phoebe :lol:
they deffo understand what we are saying to them - all mine answear to names and can follow a few commands!

Back