• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lop rabbit breeds

getlaced

Alpha Buck
hiya evryone, havent been on in a long while as iv had to buy a new laptop! bloomin technology! im just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about lop rabbits? iv had a mini lop before but i dont know what to look out 4 or how to tell the types of lop apart, the reason i ask this is because were going to look at a lop later today, they dont know what breed of lop they are. if im being confusing i appologise! they are said to be 8 weeks old, the woman says thers 3 left and that someone is coming thisaft 2 view them. i have the space to take them if there all stil there as there free to good home and this worrys me! if any can giv me any advice or info on lops id be grateful. thanx all

I have a minilop/ lion head cross (Charlie), who is quite small. Autumn is a standard lop who is slighly bigger. I was offered an English Lop, but she was huge, at least 19 inches in length, with 19inch lop ears.

Sorry I can't be more help, you know which is the right bun for you

thanx, im hoping that ther mums and or dads will also be there so i can attempt 2 determine their breed, ill be posting pics later on tho, is there any way of knowing at 8 weeks whether there mini, medium or large lops?

You could tell between the small and the medium lops, but I don't think you could tell between mini lop and dwarf as they are similar. Look at their weight at the moment. A small weight (like 1kg) will be a small lop, over 1-2kg would be a medium lop. Look at their ears, are they long or short.

I breed dwarf lops. Dwarf lops are slightly bigger than mini lops at that age and have a slightly broader head. hope this helps.

Back