• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My wee misty has gone missing

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
im so upset at mo im crying my eyes out and have been for last couple of hours. My wee six month old doe misty has escaped her run. She has always been in a large hutch with attached run but always supervised as it has no top on as she gets free run of house and garden when we are there but today we had her in her run and the fence of it is at least 4 ft high and she has never tried to jump it but i just went out to check and give my bunnies their last hay and close them up for the night and misty has gone for the last two hours my daughter and i have searched everywhere with nowhere to be seen.

I am so heartbroken i cant believe how sick and upset i feel i feel ive lose one of my children i cant think of anything else and keep seeing her wee face she was so cheecky such a wee character and i have five other bunnies and out of them all she was the most personable bunny ive ever had she was always giving wee kisses to everone and was sooo friendly. It is so cold out there tonight i have left her hutch open and put fav trats in there and left food at front door and also extra food in back garden in case she comes back i just cant imagine what ill do if she doesnt i cant bear to think of it and cant imagine her not around she was such a cheeck wee thing and i loved her to bits im so scared ill never see her again.

Sorry to sound so upset i just feel so guilty as she has never tried to jump before and was so happy with her large run and all her people that loved her. I keep thinking she must be so scared and cold somewhere.

sorry to be so upset just had to come on here as you are the only people that would understand how hard this is.

pls send vibes for her safe return i keep going outside hoping she will be sitting in her run
gill
:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I am sorry.Try ringing local vets and Rspca also go around to your neighbours as she could be in one of their gardens.Sending vibes

hope she decides she prefers to live with you and comes back from her adventure safe and sound xxxxxx

I can understand how upset you must be, they are like our children. I hope she has come back to you overnight. Dont give up on seeing her again even if shes not yet home. There have been cases on here where bun has returned after several days missing. Could you contact the RSPCS & see if they have a humane trap you could borrow, that will allow you to put her favourite food in & when she goes in to eat it the door shuts keeping bun inside. good luck finding her, she is a little beauty *hugs*

I am so sorry, are there any places she could hide in?, bunnies can get in to some very small places

Good luck

tho i never found snowy when she went missing i have a good idea of everything yo ucan do to try and get her back.
1.ring all local vets and ask if anyone has seen her.ring local pah stores ask them to put a notice up for staff in case she is brounght to adoption centre
put leqaqflets through doors about her yup we did around 800 through doors locally. go out at dusk and dawn and look this is when she will be most active knock on neighbours doors and look in thier garden. contact the rspca and report her as missing she will stay o nthe lost pets thing for 28 days. online type lost and found pets there are several sites where you can put her and a photo up of her missing. contact local paper and radio and get them to put a shout out for them. put up rewards around local area in all local shops and supermarkets and pet stores have a reward. You can also try contacting local breeders so that if someone offers to sell them a rabbit or thinks it might have come from them you can let them know put a lost advert with reward on your local free ads... i did one on preloved and one on friday ads. another thing you can do is never give up keep searching. leavea bowl of water and some bunny food or fav veg in a carrier at front of your house so that in case she does come back she has food ask neighbours to do the same. if there is anything i have forgotten im sure others will mention it but thats what i did. i hope you find her...oh morbid as it is i also contacted the local council to find out who clearred up road kill or where an injured anuimal would be taken.... they gave me a telephone number and i asked the people that clear up dead animalss found etc where they were taken adn to keep an eye out for me... horrible i know but at least you will know if she is dead somewhere.
the only other thing i can think of to do which i did was ask my local postman to tell people about her when he was doing his rounds.... he did too bless him and still asks if anyone has come forward. i put a notice on local freecycle group and local council forum put posters up in local schools too. hope you get her back xxx

heart-breaking for you but there's still hope you'll find her...vibes for her safe return...

You must be sick with worry; I'm so sorry and I really hope you find her. xx

I am so sorry x

I am sure she will return, she has just gone on an adventure.

I would check in your neighbour's gardens, etc x
Jack:cry:

Toffee has gone missing twice and we found him both times.
I am thinking of you and Misty and hope that she comes back :(

Oh no, I hope you find her.
Bobby busted out of his run many years ago, but came back to see his wifeybun, and wanted to get back in with her.
So hope she comes back soon.

Oh no :( I really hope Misty has returned home xXx *hugs for you* Sending vibes for her safe return xXx

Back