• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do on firework night?

I sit out with mine not had any problems with daisy,maisy and roger but milly spot, harley and hunny bunny haven't heard them before so will keep a close eye on them

If I were you, I would cover their hutches/sheds or where they sleep, with tarpolin or something like that, just to keep the buns more away from it.

Good Luck x

Every night they have tarpauling pulled over their hutches and barricades pushed against, so they wont be able to SEE them but its the noise im worried about, im livid with how loud so of them are.

Are they in hutches? :) I covered the hutches last year with dark sheets around this time so they couldnt see the fireworks and gave them plently of toys filled with food to keep them busy. None of my buns seemed bothered anyways really, the noises didnt seem to be frightening them but I will make sure I am with them just incase x

Are they in hutches? :) I covered the hutches last year with dark sheets around this time so they couldnt see the fireworks and gave them plently of toys filled with food to keep them busy. None of my buns seemed bothered anyways really, the noises didnt seem to be frightening them but I will make sure I am with them just incase x

yes they are in hutches with dark blue tarpaulin pulled over the fronts, i have a shed being delivered tomorrow for my own four, but i may put half the hutches/cages in there so the noise wont be as loud.

Could you cover the hutches in bubble wrap which would act as a heat / cold insulation and will reduce noise transmission.

My Fletcher was all scared :( tucked them up for the night,drawn the curtains in the shed and made sure there nic cubes are covered in loads of blankets and throws! Fletcher was a bit shakey and scared when I went out earlier, but i went back out just now and he seems settled and was fast asleep in the straw :love:
The fireworks dont really effect Ella as shes been outside since she was baby so shes used to loads of noises and going ons

It does seem like the whole of Dagenham is letting them off at the moment.

I've covered all our hutches with thick blankets to muffle the sound but it's not right. Luckily all are cats are inside, but they will have to be for the next two weekends I think just to be safe...

I'm really hard of hearing and I thought they were loud! And it's not a single bang, they seem to be fired machine gun style...

Why they can't just go to an organised display...

It does seem like the whole of Dagenham is letting them off at the moment.

I've covered all our hutches with thick blankets to muffle the sound but it's not right. Luckily all are cats are inside, but they will have to be for the next two weekends I think just to be safe...

I'm really hard of hearing and I thought they were loud! And it's not a single bang, they seem to be fired machine gun style...

Why they can't just go to an organised display...

Yes!! i know!!

I just had the dog run down the garden crying :(

Im at the Heathway and it is atrociously loud :(

are you able to wire a radio up outside at all and sit out with them? mine never seem bothered, so not sure what to suggest...

are you able to wire a radio up outside at all and sit out with them? mine never seem bothered, so not sure what to suggest...

Its chucking it down with rain so i dont think a radio would go to well :roll:

They arent stamping and i cant hear any running if that makes sense but it doesnt feel right.

I just sat with them, in their kennel, on a stool. They seemed fine, but every once in a while there was one of those massive ones. But they seemed o.k after I had talked to them for a bit! Last year I took a children's book out, and read that to them, that meant they had my voice talking to them...and I was staying amused :roll::lol::lol:

Jack x

I hate fireworks :censored:

But I put the TV on a bit louder than usual close the windows to try and drown the noise out

Rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, mice, ferrets and birds all need to be treated with special care when fireworks are being let off. These animals are easily frightened. The Blue Cross advises that owners of such types of small animal should follow these precautions.

• Hutches/cages and enclosures should, if possible, be brought into a quiet room indoors, or into a
• garage or shed.
• Give your pet extra bedding to burrow into so it feels safe.
• If you cannot bring your pet’s hutch inside, you should turn its enclosure around so that it faces a wall or fence instead of the open garden.
• Cover any aviaries or hutches with thick blankets or a duvet to block out the sight of the fireworks and deaden the sound of the bangs, but make sure there is enough ventilation.

Just found this advice on the Blue Cross website.

Back