• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you that keep your bunnies indoors..

missshell

Mama Doe
please can I see pictures of your set ups if you don't mind? Im thinking about bringing my boys inside.
Thanks in advance :)

This is Piglet & Eeyore's set up :)

029-7.jpg

i dont have any indoors bunnys at the moment but the last indoor bun(foster) i had was in this set up.....
this is vickys stitch hope she doesnt mind the piccys being on here!!!
rabbits008.jpg

i also have a dog crate i use for buns if they are ill and need to be indoors
rabbits004.jpg
x

Thanks guys, what are those cages called? You clip them together however you want don't you?
Michaela I take it Maddie does'nt chew then if shes out all day? The problem I have is my boys are vandals! :roll: :lol:

bunlover I was thinking of a dog crate but am unsure if it'll be big enough. Its large. Used to use it for my Golden Retreiver.

Thanks guys, what are those cages called? You clip them together however you want don't you?
Michaela I take it Maddie does'nt chew then if shes out all day? The problem I have is my boys are vandals! :roll: :lol:

the top 2 pics i believe are nic nice idea cubes... you can get from b and q and mine is a dog crate and my understairs area(6x3ft!)

My twins are regular little terrorist as well and they can only run around when I am at home.
I bought them a "chalet" en made a run from chicqenwire and some cheap wood as the regular runs were not high enough... Mine is 1 meter now.

IMGP2395-1.jpg

IMGP2430.jpg

IMGP2431.jpg

My gang have the whole kitchen/dining room, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having free range bunnies. It is all bunny safe, and they have never shown any interest in the chair legs. Their "area" is a large rag rug with a giant hay rack and toys, but they are free to roam the rest of the floor if they want to. When we are home they are free in the rest of the house too (but have never shown any interest in going upstairs, oddly).

But bear in mind... Mimbles does like climbing on the dining chairs and table top given half a chance, which is potentially dangerous as she could hurt herself if she jumped off. Also, when Percy and Rosie were indoors rabbits they chewed EVERYTHING - chair legs, table legs, wallpaper, even the plaster on the walls (they are much happier outdoors in their 6x3 double hutch+run).

Your set up will have to depend on the personalities of your rabbits!

a 46 inch or 48 inch dog crate is fine for a small to medium pair of buns adn this is likely what you already have for golden retriever...if not bigger... they can have shelves added any cage or accomodation indoors shoul be used as a base and buns allowed out for runs for several hours a day but a lot of people use dog crates.... mine is only a 36inch as i have a mini lop and a nethie cross pair who only come in it when on cage rest so it might look smaller on the pic than others its cuz it is! x

IMG_0641.jpg

This is Honey's dog crate she is free range 24 hours a day in my room. I only shut her in there when I am ironing.

alvin and pearl live here

P80200312.jpg

its two pets at home park 6 pens and the roof is the B&Q storage cubes on a cheap offcut of carpet and covered with netting from homebase..

really simple and easy to clean and it breaks down for travelling :D

hope you enjoy having house bunnies :love::love:

Back