• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch in Kennel.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Hi x

The buns kennel is 16ft, but the covered part is 4ft x 4ft, so the run is obv. 12ft long.

Inside the covered part, they have a little box, one of the Natura ones from Zooplus, I think. but it's broke, and is only small.

Do you think they would appreciate a say 3-4ft hutch to go along one side of the wall? Then I could fill it up with Hay/Staw, like I do with their box, but they would have more 'room'?

Any advice would be great:D
Jackx

Yep, or a big cardboard box. They'll probably like sitting on top as much as inside :lol:

Yep, or a big cardboard box. They'll probably like sitting on top as much as inside :lol:

:lol::lol: I have got a plastiic box for Hay, and as soon as I get it out they come running over to sit on it:lol::lol:

Thanks, I think I'll have a look round see what I can find:D
Jack x

How about a small dog kennel, then you could still fill it with hay and they could come and go as they pleased into the run and it wont take up as much room as a hutch. You could always add a shelf in the sleeping area if they wanted somewhere to jump up onto:)

A really big plastic stporage box could work.. you could cut a bunny shaped hole in it. Or like holidayhutch says a shelf. You could put a bit of wood infront to so it created a bit of a den.

Tam

A plastic box sounds good too Jack, just make sure you file the edges of any hole you cut out so it's not rough and they cant cut themselves going in and out.

Back