• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie update

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
He's still underweight but TONNES better than he was. Polly is now a bit on the tubby side, but their exercise has been restricted drastically - they are used to being free range in the bun rooms ful time, but are now in a dog crate when I'm not about.

I'm gonna start letting them out more - they have been in a warm room, so I won't be re-bonding into the group anytime soon - that room has windows open all day:lol:

Alfie's blood tests came back ok - his kidneys are functioning fine, so he's now being tested for EC. He's still on 5 meals a day, but gonna start to reduce that soon as he's barely eating any hay. :roll:

glad his weight is improving even if slowly its better than nothing. hope you can find some answers soon. sending lots of putting on weight vibes xx

pleased hes gaining weight ... do you think he was perhaps being pushed out of the group at feed times ... perhaps he wasnt getting enough ..which made him weaker and decreasred his appetite ...viscious circle... just a tought :?

pleased hes gaining weight ... do you think he was perhaps being pushed out of the group at feed times ... perhaps he wasnt getting enough ..which made him weaker and decreasred his appetite ...viscious circle... just a tought :?

I did think that last time he lost weight -but I fed him separately for some time after. He is really slow at eating though - & he had that tooth problem before - so maybe in the group he wasn't eating hay all day, & was just relying on the handful of pellets I was feeding him every night. He's been eating like he's starving though - so I definitely think there's sommat in what you're saying. All the other buns are quite weighty really. He's not going back anytime soon, so I'm gonna have to sort sommat out about having him & Polly loose over the winter. (More partition building :shock::lol:). And got my scales now, so if he loses an ounce, I'll know about it:lol:

So glad to hear he is improving:D
Give him a cuddle from me..
ps
hows Flapjack?:D

Good - he loves his nose rubs:love: - I cancelled his neuter last week, cos I was ill, but he's booked in for next week:D
He's in the kitchen tonight cos next door are having fireworks. I got outdoor buns in every room:oops: He's loose cos he's quite good with a litter tray:D

Back