• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Revel and Liquorice's new playhouse

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so pleased with it and I think they are too. Hopefully it is keeping the elderly couple cosy and warm in this horrible cold weather. I'm hoping to buy them a nice snuggly bed for the shelf as well. :)

It's a bit hard to get a piccy of all the inside

HPIM1331.jpg

There is a mesh door for the day time

HPIM1332.jpg

And I have added mesh and hinges to one window so it can give air at night or if it is raining hard during the day

Hpim1334.jpg

Thats great.

Now i understand how to lock the mesh door...*bolt facing up, D'oh!*
:oops:

:lol:

That was what I spent ages trying to work out how to do.

I set the mesh door just inside the frame and then drilled a hole in the frame big enough for the bolt to fit in. I am going to add on to the bottom to just to make sure it is completely secure.

The playhouse only cost £120 which I didn't think was too bad considering the price of hutches :D

Thats some gret modifications Liz. Bring your drill to my house:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: It did take me over a week to put it all together and do the extra bits, I think a "normal" person could have done it in a couple of days.

We have all the wood and mesh to start the big aviary now but it is too cold for me to start making it. I think we are aiming to have it finished by April :roll::lol::lol:

It looks fab! Squidgy stayed in something similar when he was in boarding, and he loved it!

Back