• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma about another rabbit.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I'm in a bit of a dilemma about a rabbit I've seen advertised 'free to good home', again because of an allergy.
I am, however, pretty sure that the vet asked me to call this person a couple of years ago because it was aggressive and give her some advice about handling, although I thought at the time she was too nervous to actually do any of it- she did get him castrated though. I know he has dental problems and am worried about where he will end up. I am thinking about taking him, ONCE Kizzy comes through her op on Friday ( I know she and Runt will bond- no problem) and Milly needs a companion, since Smokey died.
I just have to make sure it is the same rabbit, it all fits, I just so worry about what will become of him in the future.:(

OOoooo good luck! I hope it is the same bunny, and you get him!! Even if it isn't I'm sure he would have a much better life with you! :love:

Thanks, but if it isn't the same bun, he will probably get a better home at the moment, especially if he is a 'nice' bunny.
We are still trying to bring ourselves up to the lastest recommendations. If it is the rabbit I'm thinking of, however, I'm pretty sure he isn't going to get much of a life where ever he goes and by next year we will be happy with our rabbit accomodation.
It's just we had decided not to take anymore until we were sorted out, but I 'know' he may be at risk, having access to certain info.

If he is at risk and you have some space for him even if it isn't up to standard yet then I would take him. There have been numerous times when we have had to take rabbits into temporary accomodation to start with and then sort things out afterwards.
The way I see it the bunny will be kept warm and dry, fed well and have lots of love and the best medical care which is more than they were getting before. They may not have the space they need to exercise straight away but that is something that can be sorted in time and is not a priority if a bunny is at risk :)

Thanks, Hugo's there, that is one of the issues that has been bothering me. The new rabbit runs were due to be built this year, but with both ops on my hands, many things haven't happened as they should.:roll:

Tell me about it, what with one thing and another we are well behind with our DIY too.

I think sometimes it is a question of priorities I know space is important but if a bunny is not recieving the other basic essentials ie food, warmth, vet care then space is no good to a dead bunny unfortunately :cry:

Yeah, your right there!
I know last year he was advised to have a dental, both backs and fronts were in need if attention then, he had to get his nails trimmed and had to get his bottom cleaned up as it was so dirty.:(

Last edited:
Hi Hugo's there, I've done some checking and this is the bunny I thought it was, I am going to phone tomorrow and see if he is still available. I have been held up as I wasn't even sure I could put Kizzy through the op. My spare bedroom was holding an emergency foster cat until this afternoon. She has now been taken by a charity who fosters for people who go into hospital and i know for definate Kizzy can come indoors, I wasn't prepared to put her through the op, unless I could definately take her inside for the next couple of weeks.
If he is still there, then it is fate that we have him, I will be upset if he has gone elsewhere, but had to take the ones already in care into account first.
I wasn't really going to take on anymore, but there is a space after loosing Smokey and I have 3 single girls, so he might bond with one of them, I've not often had failures, so I am hopeful.

I agee, if he is still there then it is meant to be :). I believe all the bunnies that come to us, come to us for a reason and I am sure it is the same with you :D:D

Good luck with getting him

Thanks.:wave:
Will let you know tomorrow how I get on. I just hope she doesn't remember its me she spoke to before. I'm going to say I want him for a companion for a bun who has just been spayed (lie:oops:) but then she is lying about him. I don't want her realising who I am.
I might get Mike to phone!

I phoned about the rabbit today, and we're going to see/ pick him up on Sunday. The owner said she didn't handle him because she and her son were allergic, but there was no mention that he was aggressive. It will be interesting to see what he is like on Sunday.

Back