• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eye problem, please read!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I have come home to visit the rabbits for the weekend, as im currently at uni and mums looking after them (and doing a fab job) i was stroking peanut by his face and then as i did that, his skin pulled away from his eye briefly and i saw a dark 'clud' at the back of his eye.

its not like a typical cataract, its like... a black/grey 'mist' really small. so i looked at his other eye and its the same but bigger, its really strange, have booked him in for tomorrow am, but does anyone have a clue what this could be?

thanks

Im sorry sweetie, I can't picture it, so I can't think what it might be :cry: But someone who can help you out should be along soon!

hmm...sometimes cataracts aren't even visible to the human eye. I would definitely get him to the vet becasue some eye conditions are actually very painful. Didn't he have suspected EC.....it could be related. Hope it goes ok at the vets.

Thumper had problems with his eyes, he had cataracts but also had bilateral ulcerations which I could see in certain light...Sort of looked like little dents.

it looks like, u know when u have a blood shot eye and u see the 'veins' like 'branching' out? it looks like that, but grey :(:(

he is seeing a vet tomorrow at 11am. im very worried for him.

have bought panacur off the net aswell tonight, as im doing that as a precaution for all four.

have been to the vets... the vet said its just their pigment, and i said that i did wonder but only peanut has it like that and she said that its like a bruise, it becomes more prominant if theyve had a little knock, he had a tiny scab under aswell so hes just banged himself, hes fine!

hes weight is now 2.5 kg, so hes put on loads of weight compared to his 1.9 when he had suspected E.C. she checked his teeth n we have to keep an eye on them, even though he gets the 'perfect diet' n she cant ask me to do anything more, she says he will prob end up with teeth probs in the future, bcus he is alredy getting the best diet.

then jelly jumped out the box and hopped into the scales! haha

Back