• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feel guilty for not letting him out =(

MammaH

Alpha Buck
The vet told me that I need to restrict Binx from running around and to keep him in his cage whilst his leg heals

He's escaped 4times whilst I've been trying to claim his food bowl to fill it up but I've herded him back in and shut him up.

I feel awful I've made his cage as cosy as I can but I know all he really wants to do is come out and play...

But gotta listen to the vet, I know next week hopefully he'll be back out and being his normal cheeky self

Dont beat yourself up chick - you need eyes in your backside with a rabbit! I will rally struggle when Lola gets speyed next week.

How is the little bun doing???:love:

Don't feel guilty, you are being a good bunny mumy for keeping him in the cage until he gets better.

I know how you feel as I had to keep Bruce in a 3' cage for 5 weeks when he dislocated his hip and he was use to a shed with 13' attached run :(

thanks guys i thought you'd all go mad at me saying i should be letting him run free ha :roll:
I'm trying to keep his cage as clean as I possibly can but he can be such a mucky pup :lol: he comes off his anti biotics tomorrow yay! :D

feel mean again cause need to go home this weekend n wont be bk till sunday n my housemate is in charge of topping his food bowl and water, hope Binx will manage

he's doing great, he's becomming a lazy bunster cause obviously his boundries are restricted but he's becomming more affectionate too cause i spend about an hour giving him nose rubs :roll:

He is so gorgeous!! :love:

We had the same when our cat had his leg amputated in Feb, he kept licking the wound open and using it too much, so we had to crate him for about 6 weeks. It was heartbreaking but well worth it.

Nose rubs to Binks! :love:

thanks guys i thought you'd all go mad at me saying i should be letting him run free ha :roll:
I'm trying to keep his cage as clean as I possibly can but he can be such a mucky pup :lol: he comes off his anti biotics tomorrow yay! :D

feel mean again cause need to go home this weekend n wont be bk till sunday n my housemate is in charge of topping his food bowl and water, hope Binx will manage

he's doing great, he's becomming a lazy bunster cause obviously his boundries are restricted but he's becomming more affectionate too cause i spend about an hour giving him nose rubs :roll:

Do you drive - you can always drop him off at mine so he has company.:wave: Of course he would be in his cage as Lola isnt speyed yet but if you ever get stuck and dont want to leave him he is welcome to have a sleep over.

Do you drive - you can always drop him off at mine so he has company.:wave: Of course he would be in his cage as Lola isnt speyed yet but if you ever get stuck and dont want to leave him he is welcome to have a sleep over.

thats a nice offer. i think you are doing great he needs to be kept in his cage to allow him to heal. it is difficult buns can be so quick and devious! just ensure you try and keep him in cage and it will be fine :) x

Back