• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

doesnt look good for bertie..im worried sick now...UPDATE they sent him home!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( had to take bertie to vets this morning..hes not pooped all night. nibbling on bits of hay..nibbled a few tiny mouthfuls of pelets..very very withdrawn...and uncomofrtable.

omg wilow was a bit off a few fays or so before she died but cos she was eating drinking pooping etc as per normal she didnt go to the vets...and then she died.

what if it was soemthing infectious after all and now berties got it:cry::cry:

the vet was very nice..took his temp..normal even tho his ears and shoulders were very very warm and his fur was cold. his eyes are a bit runny but think its down to fur doing it and no wilow to wash his eyes.

she said his tummy is absolutely completelty empty:cry:

so hes had a metacloperamide jab..and weve got some science rabbit recovery down him. she said its good were panacuring them at the moment and to keep giving him the fibreplex.

he didnt poop overnite..nikki sat up all night downstairs well laid down and woldnt leave him......so worried.

the vet says the minute he deteriorates hes got to come in..if no change either way hes got to go back in 24hrs and theyll see if they can do anyhting..ie appetite jab..wldnt give it today as if their immune systems compromised it can make them ill..never told that before:shock:
if he doesnt drink i gues itll be sub q fluids too.

im so scared hell go from this to dying like willow now..oh how i wisehd id asked for that necropsy after all now:cry: but the vet today said if its something catching chances are itll be something not easily treated and theyd be infected now anyway....and theres loads of things out there like it. she said their immune system may be better than his as hes lost his mate and therefore vunerable anyway.

im terrified now:cry:

please send vibes for my big pufalump to get better..to eatdrink andpoop. he did two squishy poos today and his bum was a bit mucky..most unlikebertie...
he keeps farting too really eggy...well he did twice in the taxi..poss from fear?

poor bertie...... hes got to pull thru..we cant lose him now..not like this....not after losing willow too:cry::cry::cry:

ive had to come to bed..had flu jab yesterday and today woke up with a cold thingy and shivery and feverish and awful..great..just what i dont need trying to nurse poor bertie and keep looking after nikki and other pets and halloween and everyhting else......im a wreck for sure.

but i have to take some paracetamol ad go to bed for an hour or two..im epipeltic and high fevers increase the risks for fits as do lack of sleep and stress..mm go figure:oops:

hes laid along side the hutch but he goes for the buns thru the bars and so do they. poor lost soul :cry:...

Last edited:
Oh no! I am so sorry to read this, I am sending him loads and loads of vibes and I am sending you huge (((hugs))), I will be praying very hard for you both

Keep strong xx

Loads & loads of vibes coming your way from me. Hope you are feeling a bit better too.

thank you all and please keep them vibes coming..he needs everyone he can get
poor ole fella.

tonite i managed to toempt him iwth some peelts form bunny dream that i oredered for bif but they had alflafa in not as printed and i gve them to the buns as treats...well bertie took interest and nibbled a few just a few form my hand...and ate three smaller leaves of greens and sudnely i was cudlding him and his tummy was still bubbling but he must have farted the smellwas awful..then i saw..some poos!! but they were real tiny for him and so mishapen..and slightly wet and very smely.
hes done a few more but only token poos..he also wanted some banana so we fed some to him by hand again...and hes had some hay just a few bites..hes trying he said...but then he flopped down again outside the hutch with his bum up against the door..it was very cold there so i put a pet fleece rug there but he doesnt want it..he went in the tent to kiss salem whod tkane up his spot on beries rug in there with the heating on..but bertie wont go in there to sleep.

hes not drank in fornt of me but then i went to bed for a few hours..got up at 4pm and was with him till now..after 5.30am...very scared to leave him but i mised my meds and need to get up by nine to have my blood test at around 10/10.30am:shock:

then have to get nikkis prescription for antibiotics from surgery to the chemist and wait. then go into costcutters quickly forsome tiramisu cake bars made by bobbys i think..yum yum! nikki loves them i forgot she did..halloween yummys.

then decorate the garden quick with the pumpkins we carved tonite siting on the floor with bertie. have something to eat as its a fasting test! then have a shower and make sure in the meantime that berties had at least another bite of the spoon of recovery slop..we gave up on syringes!! he bites right thru them!
hes had his panacur and finished one tube of fibrepelx..tube two tomorrow.
finegrs crossed im trying to think about other stuff i have to do rather than worry every minute about bertie and make him feel more stressed as he can fel it coming off me.

its so hard..i have to deal with bifs gut motility probs every day but this...in bertie..unheard of...i was telinghim i mis the ankle deep piles of poos he normally leaves me every day in the lounge and i have to follow him aorund with a broom and dustpan and brush..i want to see piles of them again asap.

fingers crossed..i hate going to sleep in case hes dead when i wake up. i hate going out to docs for same reason..im willing him to be ok....we all are..poor broken hearted baby.

I'm sorry to hear Bertie isn't doing so well; it must be a huge worry for you, especially after losing Willow too. I'm sending him lots of 'get well and start eating properly' vibes. xx

Im sorry Debbie,I think you have had more than enough grief this week over loosing Willow.Sending mega healing vibes,Berties way and a big hug for you.

:love: thank you everybody...keep the vibes coming..im afraid he really needs them now:(
had to rush him to the vets at 4.30pm they fitted me in right away...saw mark...the one i thought was an awful bunvet but isnt:oops:

he was very concerned that berties ears were so hot and sure enough his temp was way up:(
but even more worrying is the discovery mark made when we turned him onto his back to exmaine his bottom to see if there was any probs with poos getting thru..and it looked sore but i didnt think much about it....usually looks sore when theyve got poo probs.
he shwoed me the weird one spot mass in berties anus..almost mistkane for a partial prolpas but it isnt..its a weird little mass...of swollen tissue not big or anything either.

well mark said that beries tummy was STILL completely empty despite the few itens hed eaten...hed not pooped since i went to bed around 6 am ish this morning..and when i came odwn at 4.30 hed done none at all:(

mark says gheres no blockage..no swelling or bloat..noisy tum but nothing else and the poops can pass past the little mass....he squeezed a poo out to prove it:shock:

poor poor bertie..mark said it may be that the mass isnt whats wrong..it wasnt there yesterday was it..the other vet saw him..weve had him on his back practically to force feed him and nothing till the vets.

theres no signs anywhere of what is wrong..omg....BUT mark has managed to get ahold of osme liquid metaclop after telling me hed not seen nay for a long long time...they dont do it often..and since then hes seen two masive bottles of it:lol:
so bertie had a metaclop jab......a metacam jab to take his temp down.....and a baytril jab. we have a bottle of baytril..and a bottle of metaclop syrup to dose him with at home and mark says hes on call all weekend so i can ring him. but he expected berties condition to improve within hours and a lot within 24/48hrs.....lets hope so.

i have managed to get him to drink a bit at last and any foods have to be hand fed and you have to sit next to him whilst he drinks etc.

hes using the litter tray and there are some small poos but only a few again...

ive given himspring greens and hay..hand fed him a little allen and page pellets....tried syringing rabbit reocvery but he spits it all out and gets mad at us. most unlike him.

weve had some cuddles on the mat with him but hes weed all over it!

i hope i get up and hes still alive and doing better in a few hours:cry:

Back