• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few questions!

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
What do you use in your rabbits litter tray? At the moment Gizmo has newspaper in the bottom, with rabbit litter pellets on top, with straw on top of that, and lots of hay. No idea if this is right or not though!!
Also, I want to get some more things to entertain giz, but he shows no interest in toys! He sits in his tent, Ignores a cardboard box with hay in, ignores his wood chews, and his rings for tossing! He's not interested in the yellow pages either! he's got full run on the room at the moment, but just flops against the side of the wardrobe and stays there! I'm on hayexperts, getting some dandilion seeds, and a hay taster pack, but not sure where else to look, or what else he might actually enjoy!!!

If your litter tray 'works' then I'm sure it's fine & doesn't need changing!:D I use Morrison's paper-based cat litter for all my small pets, and I change the litter daily.

Do you think your bunny is lonely..? Toys and games are so much more fun if you've got somebody to join in!

Most importantly check your bunny for any signs of illness, such as snuffles, dirty bum:oops: etc. Does he eat & drink enough? If in any doubt, consult your vet.

Sorry I can't be of any real help...

He might be lonely, he's been on his own the whole time i've had him (just over a year) and I've only recently had my eyes opened to the fact that he might need a friend. I'm just saving up to have him neutured, and then am going to be on the lookout for a girly for him :) I check his bum daily, never a problem there, and he is eating and drinking what i consider to be normal. I think he's just a little bit lazy! As the times he does make an effort, he runs around binkying!

well i use cat litter in my buns tray, it's wooden pellets £8 for a big bag of it in P@H. not all buns are interested in toys my petal looks nowhere near them, she tries to have a chew at toilet rolls but thats it, all she wants is to be cuddled. ted however loves toys, she particular loves the bell balls you get and throughs them about, she's more playful and the odd time likes to be fussed over. yeah i'd seriuosly consider getting him a wee friend too. we all like our own kind ;) :lol:

Lola isnt bothered in the rabbit toys - she did like the Willow Ball but only until she had scoffed the good stuff out of the middle!

She does like her treat ball now as well and I put her pellets in it to make her work for ehr food.

She is currently playing with my upturned umbrella, an empty box that the toaster came in and an old sheepskin cushion cover she loves to mess up. Sometimes you dont have to spend a fortune on toys - but does sound like you bun could be lonely or just a lazy bunny!

oooh are the big P@H bags of wood pellets OK? I was looking at getting one but it said naturally pine scented so I wasn't sure and got the smaller £3 bag with no scent. If the bigger cheaper one is ok I'll get that next time!

I use the P@H wooden pellets too, they are good value for money and work really well in Josie's litter tray! She pretty much litter trained herself on them :lol: They are really absorbant too!

yeah their a really good job, and so easy to clean away from the tray. they soak up so much stuff. the bag last me nearly two months.

I use

newspaper then megazorb and then hay on top, that seems to work very well! As I am guessing you know that bunnies like to chew while they pee and poop

Good luck with the training

I use megazorb with tonnes of meadow hay on top. They have two trays and I add expensive hay to the other tray on top of the megazorb as they dont like to pee on that :roll::lol:

Back