• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many buns?

Monkey

Warren Veteran
Can you bond togther that are quite happy to live in a little group?

Just curious?

Who on here has the biggest group of bonded bunnies?

Chloe (chloaster) has a big group, and I think Tinsel has quite a few, as well. Both have them free range in bunny friendly gardens most of the time. I tried to bond 4 bunnies, but the youngest got bullied too much. And even in the trio I have now, one is clearly lowewr in rank than the original pair. Maybe groups work better when the bunnies have a lot of free range space and can avoid each other.
Oh, Neil and Maria have a bigger group, too.

I have a 9, that is temporarily a 7 as one is ill, so I removed a partner to stay with him. I do intend to rebond if I can, as long as we find out why he keeps losing weight first, and as him & partner are now used to being in a lovely warm room, I can't put them in the open-windowed bun room for a bit:D

I think the space issue is important too - although my 9 are quite close & all pile on top of each other in the big litter tray (which is a cage base).

They were a 13 at one point - but they weren't as close as they are now, more split into 2 main groups & had their own hang-outs.

I have a 9, that is temporarily a 7 as one is ill, so I removed a partner to stay with him. I do intend to rebond if I can, as long as we find out why he keeps losing weight first, and as him & partner are now used to being in a lovely warm room, I can't put them in the open-windowed bun room for a bit:D

I think the space issue is important too - although my 9 are quite close & all pile on top of each other in the big litter tray (which is a cage base).

They were a 13 at one point - but they weren't as close as they are now, more split into 2 main groups & had their own hang-outs.

:lol: sounds like chavs hanging round street corners drinking diamond white! :D

Yes, my lot kind of split into two subgroups as well, with a few that migrate between groups. Definitely having loads of space helps, in the shed they sleep in as well as the garden, eg shelves/tunnels etc. Though at this time of year they tend to snuggle up more.

Are they all still friendly with you or more friendly with eachother?

They all had there own personalties as singles, some like me some dont, i have found the more confident ones give the less condfident ones confidence in me. :D

My friend as 28 they all live together but also have little groups within themselves, you have a group that like to be naughty, a group that like to lounge about, a group that think they are the Mafia and another group who can't decide what group they want to be in. They are all one big group at feeding times though:D

My friend has 28 they all live together but also have little groups within themselves, you have a group that like to be naughty, a group that like to lounge about, a group that think they are the Mafia and another group who can't decide what group they want to be in. They are all one big group at feeding times though:D

Your "friend", hmmm....? ;)

kayj has alot of her own giants if i rememebr too!! :) as do you tinsel!iv seen the pics huge garden full of wonderful happy bunnys.... so envious and chiloaster ahs a massive group too!! i only have a pair!!! lol x

kayj has alot of her own giants if i rememebr too!! :) as do you tinsel!iv seen the pics huge garden full of wonderful happy bunnys.... so envious and chiloaster ahs a massive group too!! i only have a pair!!! lol x

Hehe yep you do have a point there :oops:...mind you, looking at your sig, you do have some other furry little friends as well! :lol:

Hehe yep you do have a point there :oops:...mind you, looking at your sig, you do have some other furry little friends as well! :lol:

lol yup i have my 2 buns and 4 hamsters.. and 1 missing bunny...and my rabbit chelsea lives with sooty at mums as she has lived there all 10 years of her life and is very happy and has her own extension from house!! :) lol i also often have fosters of animals i take in and rehome(nb to newbies im not a rescue jsut the occasional few i can help i do!)

Back