• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do you let your buns run round yard?

William

Wise Old Thumper
I let mine run around the yard for 1-2 hrs everyday and then sometimes I also put them in a small pen while i'm outside doing stuff when I can't follow them around the yard (not safe for them to free range the yard without supervision cuz of the predatory birds, plus they could go into the forest or drown in the lake or go out to the road beyond my yard and get run over).

Is that even enough free range time? I have no idea.

That's good hour. My ones will do their hopping in the backyard, but they are lazy, somewhere down the road, they would hop to the backdoor stairwell, waiting to go back inside.

Mine have free range for about an hour now the weather is getting colder, much longer in the summer when we're out there most of the afternoon/early evening. They also spend 2 or 3 hours in the run on grass in the sunshine (what little there is now :lol:) but they tend to do a bit of grazing and then just huddle up in the corner.

Mine get about an hour free range. They're usually lying down by the end of an hour so I put them back in their hutch.

Yeah, Tila goes mad when he's let out, plays full-on chasings with the dog so he's buggered after half an hour :lol: I usually let him out for between 1 and 2 hours, depending on what time I get home from work and what the weather is like =]

after 10 mins my 2 are both stretched out together asleep :shock: lazy pair :roll: I have had previous rabbits who would run around for hours. Actually I think it's Sugarplum thats lazy, I think Splodge could run around for ages but he's too scared without her :(

Back