• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alyssa is booked for her spay

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
on monday. im nervous :?

how long after her spay should i leave it before bonding with a neutered (hes been done for atleast 8 months) boy?

xx

Oooh - will think of you and send loads of vibes on Monday.

How old is she? I had Bella spayed at around five months and then her failed bonding with T happened about a month after that and it was too soon - she was still too hormonal. If Alyssa's quite a gentle bunny (the opposite to Bell :roll:) you may be able to do it sooner (not that I'm an expert, only ever having had Bell and T as a couple :oops:).

shes around 2 although we don't really know as she came from PAH adoption ctr and they didn't know exactly.

shes calm now, altough she used to hate me when we first got her. shes quite nervous tho, although getting better. am i better leaving it til dec would you say?

xxx

Kiki was done last Friday :D

You should wait at least 6 weeks after spay for bonding to start. She will probably be a little grumpy for the first couple of days, and her poo may start off a little abnormal.

I'd suggest getting a vet bed (I got mine from amazon) they are really good as if a bun does a wee, it soaks to the bottom. I'd give her home a good clean, but keep it dry and use newspaper, no sawdust, no wood chippings etc. I also used just ripped newspaper in her loo too.

ive had bunnies spayed before, but never done a bond x

she is on vetbed already so will be cleaning it the day she is in so that its all nice when she gets home.

I would definitely wait until December. I think if I'd waited longer, Bell and T may have bonded sooner than they did, and look what happened there :roll: T hadn't been neutered long either so looking back I'm not surprised it didn't work. Having two bunnies who both still had hormones rushing round, neither of who would give in, no wonder it didn't work at first :roll: :lol: :lol:

Are you bonding them yourself?
schrik.gif

yeah im going to try i think. :?

can't take any time off though so going to start on a fri nite and hope they bond.

:?

they do keep looking and both act the same, fingers crossed. im not going to rush it although i want them together before spring.

Back