• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of you have indoors AND outdoors buns??

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
So how come? Do you love bunnies so much you fill every available space house and garden or did the naughty ones have to go outside :lol:? Do you find there is a big difference in the character of your indoor ones vs outdoors. Do you have a different relationship with them. What happens in the summer, do they see each other in neighbouring runs? Do you think they feel jealous of each other? I have a funny image of the outdoor guys nose twitching in a common accent and the indoor buns with a very posh nose twitching accent :lol::lol:….OK so I have just inadvertently had some caffeine which I haven’t had in years, but I’d still like to know your stories.

i find that some rabbits prefer to be in the warm and are snuggly and happy in house and others prefer outside.. for example dora hates the house although is getting better adn will do anything to be back in the garden.. arhtur however will sneak inside when ever. i used to have an indoor foster bun who was loverly he is at new home now and he needed to be indoors due to special needs x

I had 2 initially who lived indoors and wrecked the house. Hubby then fell in love with Liquorice and said he'd build a huge palace outside for my original 2 because he thought they would be happier, which they are! And then I got a wife for Liquorice, so we now have 2 outdoor and 2 indoor :)

I do just cause mine areent neutered so they fight. My room is the only place i can have my buns besides outdoors, if not they'd both be indoors in separate rooms.

My foster buns are out side and my pet buns are inside. I would love to have all the buns inside but there just is not the space. They do come inside to play in the kitchen with us every day though.

My outdoor buns seem to be eating less and doing less now that it has turned colder but I am new to out door buns so I dont know if this is normal.

I have Maddie inside and Ebony & Ruby bonded outside. I would only have inside bunnies if I could - my parents will only allow me one inside. :( Ebony has been outside her whole life, originally she was bonded with Berri and Pebble, but they both passed on. :( So recently I got Ruby for her to have company, as I wasn't allowed to bring her inside.

I am pretty sure Ebony and Ruby will be the last outside buns I ever have though. :)

Mine all live inside for the winter & outside for the summer - I don't think it changes their personalities. Basically I did fill every available space with buns - including getting rid of some furniture to make room for them :shock: I also couldn't bear to think of some of my bunnies being outside in the winter & others not - I just like to try to treat them all the same. Mind you thinking about it, if I did have outside & inside bunnies, I could have more of them!!!! :shock::lol::lol: Ok maybe not, as hubby would kill me!

I don't have enough room in our flat to segregate my groups plus I also have a dog and 3 cats. Two of my special needs bunnies have their own room, the other lives in the front room and my trio of 'normal' bunnies live outside.

Hopefully in the spring I will regroup my bunnies into 3 pairs and only one pair will still live inside after that.

Mine all live inside for the winter & outside for the summer - I don't think it changes their personalities. Basically I did fill every available space with buns - including getting rid of some furniture to make room for them :shock: I also couldn't bear to think of some of my bunnies being outside in the winter & others not - I just like to try to treat them all the same. Mind you thinking about it, if I did have outside & inside bunnies, I could have more of them!!!! :shock::lol::lol: Ok maybe not, as hubby would kill me!

Hahahah!!
:lol:

I have two in, two (soon to be 4) out. Bailey will always be a house bun as im very close to him.. and hopefully he will have his wifey soon as they are currently single

Marsha has always lived outside (well in a shed) since i got her. She now has a husbun Casper.

Id have them all inside if i had a big house!!

Do they all get on or do you? have to keep them seperate

Do they all get on or do you? have to keep them seperate

They are all paired up & we have one trio - although in the next few days I'm going to be brave & try to bond 2 of the pairs. We currently have 2 in the kitchen, 4 in the dining room (split into 2 pens), 2 in our front bedroom & 7 in our converted loft (split into 3 pens). I'm hoping the pair in the front bedroom will bond with one of the pairs in the loft, so we can have our spare room back - fast running out of space for storing things etc - oh except bunnies of course! :shock::lol:

Our paired buns are outdoors, but as Ronnie is a single bunny at the moment hes a house bun :) When we eventually find him a wife, he will go down his shed which is ready and waiting for him :D (I dont want to go outside secretly but dont tell hubby :oops:) I think you get more attached to them if theyre indoors, Ronnie follows me everywhere, hes even started to jump up the cupboards when im washing up etc :lol: xXx

Our paired buns are outdoors, but as Ronnie is a single bunny at the moment hes a house bun :) When we eventually find him a wife, he will go down his shed which is ready and waiting for him :D (I dont want to go outside secretly but dont tell hubby :oops:) I think you have a different relationship with them if theyre indoors, Ronnie follows me everywhere, hes even started to jump up the cupboards when im washing up etc :lol: xXx

Lemme see....
Usually I move rabbits indoors or outdoors depending on where there's room:roll:

When I first got Zakura I kept her indoors, then outdoors in the summer and I planned to keep her outside all the time...but the following fall I got tired of cleaning her hutch in the cold so I took her in.
Later I got a hold of two young males from school, I had Zakura at school then so I kept the boys in her outdoor cage, until they started fighting so I moved one indoors.
After giving those two to my neighbor (She was going to buy them from the school, so I looked after them till their new home was ready) I got Sasuke, but mom didn't want to let me have a male rabbit indoors so we bought a new cage to keep him outside... we ended up buying two cages in fact...
Since Sasuke had to live outside anyway, I decided to keep Zakura outdoors that winter too, she was only inside for a short while after getting neutered.

By the time I got Aroma, my original outdoor cage had broken during the winter (sure was lucky we bought two new cages instead of one then:lol:) so she had to stay indoors the first summer... until Sasuke got sore paws due to the humidity and a dirty cage. Since it was raining so much I had him and Aroma switch places. That turned out to be beneficial, since Aroma was a pain to litter train, and whenever she was out exercising I had to pick up a lot of droppings...she also peed on my plushies:oops:
Sasuke however was great at using the litter box, and ended up getting his own run indoors and lived there the whole winter:D

Sasuke moved back outside in the spring when Aroma was moved to the school for a short while. (3 months to be precise... in that time one rabbit became 13... and in the end 5)
When Aroma came back home with her new sons, I kept her in the indoor cage outside. It worked as long as it wasn't raining. :roll:
Dad fixed the old outdoor cage so I could separate them before the boys got fertile, Rufus and Tobi still lived together till they were 4 months old.

Now all but Rufus live completely outside, Tobi on the lawn, Sasuke, Zakura and Aroma live in hutches and Rufus in the indoor cage, which is inside the shed, so I've got now buns in the house at the moment.
(Tobi might move in later if I get him neutered:D But first I plan to finish the cages in the shed so Rufus can get a new cage and then Tobi can use the indoor cage he has. The shed is warmed up, but I prefer to keep the bunnies close when they're sick or have been trough operations and might need medicine...I still have "fond" memories of feeding Zakura painkillers, she loved that medicine:lol: Sasuke wasn't so easy on his antibiotics though:roll: +I had to put cream on his feet twice a day:roll:)

Well i did have mine outside, then after them staying in for a couple of days after spaying/neutering i decided i wanted an indoor bun - Oscar, we then moved house and Oscar moved to the attic, i felt mean and decided to get a partner - Jasmine.

I really enjoy having them in the house, but these two are rather loud espec at 3am and 6am! :shock: Currently debating them moving outside next year..

My new bun Amstel is to live in our living room so this means he will be staying single with lots and lots of love from us! :love:

The outdoor buns are great too, i dont spend as much time with them as id like too on a normal day but they get everything they need.

Each of my buns have there own personalities, some of them follow me around like a dog, and come to there names, some would rather stay well clear of me and just have me feed, water and clean them.

Its great! :love:

Ivy lives inside - he was too sick as a baby to go out, and I love him too much life wouldn't be the same if he wasn't inside. Missy and Timmy get scared inside so they live out, they are much happier outside then in - I have totally different relationships to them, Ivy is my baby all cuddly, and follows me round like a dog, but M&T are very independant, and very unsnuggly, they grudgingly accept a fuss when I bring treats, and I groom timmy alot, but they are happy to be left alone. Benji is a very special bunny, he adores attention, and comes running, he is sooooo cuddly and friendly, and is happy both inside and outside, his personality is no different when he is in or out, he is just as happy lively and friendly! So much so that i don't know which he likes best :shock: :lol:

Jess and Twinkle were my original bunnies and they have always been in the house, as have my second pair Belle and Perry. However, Missy and Bobby have always been outside bunnies with previous owners so when i tried to turn them into house bunnies they weren't happy. If i bring them in, even for a bit, they both end up sat next to the patio doors begging to go back out. They're just bloody anti-social!!!!

Lisa

I have 2 indoor bunnies and 8 outdoors......I'd had a french lop as an indoor bunny in the past after having outdoor bunnies for years,when she died I got a smaller bunny ,Billy,it became obvious he needed a friend so Bonnie came along.

No way would Bonnie tolerate any others living permanently indoors,shes a moo! and they have free range of the house and sleep under my bed.

The others seem very happy outside,when Buster came indoors to be bonded with Rosie he was quite uncomfortable,even in the cooler hallway he was far too hot and panting all the time so I think theyre all used to where they are. The outdoor ones have lots of room outside and grow lovely thick winter coats ,I love being outside and spend lots of time out there with them so they are far from neglected!

They are all paired up & we have one trio - although in the next few days I'm going to be brave & try to bond 2 of the pairs. We currently have 2 in the kitchen, 4 in the dining room (split into 2 pens), 2 in our front bedroom & 7 in our converted loft (split into 3 pens). I'm hoping the pair in the front bedroom will bond with one of the pairs in the loft, so we can have our spare room back - fast running out of space for storing things etc - oh except bunnies of course! :shock::lol:

Let me know how the bonding of the 2 pairs goes...am thinking of doing it myself!

Back