• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time do you spend with your rabbits

fizz-bunny

Warren Scout
Hi

I was just wondering how much time everyone spends with their rabbits.

I have a house rabbit - he lives in my room free range! but has a cage (always open)

I see him everyday, but sometimes (weekends) I do go over my boyfriends and maybe a couple of times a week, I see Smudge when I get home from work everyday for about 2 hours, and he laps up the affection. When I do stay at home about 4 days a week I am in with him all the time.

He isn't an overly affectionate rabbit, he loves to be stroked when he wants lol, but he is very relaxed, flops and stretches out all the time.

I am scared that I am not giving him enough attention, he is super happy - always binkying - never seen a rabbit do this so much.

My mum always goe's in and says hi when im not there, I just worry :cry:

Ha, it was so cute last night, he jumped on my bed and climbed over me, and just looked at me and jumped down again hehe - so funny. :lol:

aw how sweet. i spend about an hour with each bun but thats because their seperated, once their bonded i'll prob have them in for alotlonger.

If you get another rabbit (a spayed doe from a rescue would probably be best), you won't have to worry about him being lonely.

I have two indoor rabbits that are in a big NIC build cage in the living room, the door is always open when I'm in. So get in from work about 6pm (except me college evenings but my O/H is home) and go to bed about 11pm. And then they are out all day at the weekends.

If I'm not spending enough time with Bugsy she lets me know! Last weekend was trying to do some homework, but she keep nudging me for fuss so I would stop for a min and stroke her. However this wasn't good enough so she sat on my work so I couldn't get to it, for more attention :roll::lol:

Awww sounds like a little madam, hehe

I just can't wait to move out! so I can spend all my time with him.

He gets so excited when i get in from work, he starts running around everywhere :D

When I sit with him on the floor, he does that cute honking sound, and go round me in circles! and binkys all round me hehe. so cute

I know it's because he needs to be neutered, but cute anyway ;) hehe.

It's weird, he is 11 months old now, and he hasn't sprayed me once, even though he dances around me all the time, my previous rabbit sprayed quite alot, guess I have just gotton lucky! :lol:

We've got two house bunnies, which means that they keep each other company whenever we're not around! Sometimes they enjoy just 'rabbitting around' with each other, at other times they seem to crave human attention and find a human to nudge & nibble....:oops: It really depends what kind of mood they're in. So the question should really be: 'How much time do your rabbits spend with you?';)

I guess that's a good point actually.

As he does choose to lie down and sleep rather than be with me LOL.

But when he does want attention he lets me know i.e nudging or jumping on the bed or running around like a crazed carrot lol :lol:

Mine isn't allowed in the house and spends his time loose in the garden but when I'm at work he's in a run. It's soooo cold now though that I don't go out as often as I do in the summer. Can't wait till his avery type run is built and I can spend time in their with him as it will be attached to the shed - so I will be in the shed bit. :lol:

pop out to see Fletcher and Ella a few times a day and will sit with them in the shed for a bit
Indoor i see constantly as there always in my face and making some kind of racket to get my attention/food

I have two outdoor rabbits, and cos they have each other, they don't really need me, so I see them about half an hour in the morning (feed and put into run), about 10 minutes 3-4 times during the day, and then half an hour in the evening (feed and clean out). But I don't think they need me much as they have each other, so I don't think they miss out on anything.

I have two outdoor rabbits, and cos they have each other, they don't really need me, so I see them about half an hour in the morning (feed and put into run), about 10 minutes 3-4 times during the day, and then half an hour in the evening (feed and clean out). But I don't think they need me much as they have each other, so I don't think they miss out on anything.

I agree. I won't be made to feel guilty just because mine live outside :). They are a bonded group so they are never bored as they have each other and plenty of space. If your rabbit is lone then obviously that is different and you do need to spend time with them as they are a sociable animal:D.

from when i get in after work... bout 6.30 till when i go to bed bout 11pm, about 1/2 hour in the mornings as im getting ready for work and i also see them for about 1/2 hour when i come home for my lunch

if i could be here 24/7 i would be :lol::lol::lol:

All mine see me for about half hour in the morning when I'm doing my rounds to feed them & between 1 - 2 hours per night for cleaning / feeding (sometimes more when it's a complete clean out). Then as much other time as I can when I come in from work & at weekends - I try to split my time equally but the buns downstairs do get more time with me when I'm watching tv. I try not to feel guilty because they all live in pairs & trio - I do think bunny company is more important to most buns than human company. It's easier for me in the winter to spend time with them because they all live inside - I know if they were outside in the winter I wouldn't spend as much time with them.

I have one indoors rabbit and we spend around six seven hour per day with her. We are thinking about getting a second one but we're not sure yet.

Back