• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arrgghh!indoor bun to outdoor bun, Quick!!

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I was planning on bonding Autumn and Charlie tomorrow evening, only to find that Autumn was previously a indoor bun. Charlie is an outdoor bun. OH said Autumn needs to be outside by the weekend :shock: He was n't too please that I got her, after Princess died (he just doen't understand!)

What do I do?

She has been living in the outhouse since picking her up on Sunday, its quite cool in there, with no ill effects. Had I have known she was an indoor bun I would never have gotten her, as it is so late in the day to be putting buns outside.

She will have Charlie and I am getting some snuggle safes, they would have lots of hay(although Ive been told Straw is better at insulating, so off to get that tonight). I have thick carpet on the roof of the hutch then a tarp over that.

Do you think she would be ok? I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't between a rock and a hard place.

Sorry I don't think now is a good time to move an indoor bunny outdoors. It is very cold at the moment, below zero in some places overnight :(

It is extremely cold at the moment, and a indoor bun will not have built up any sort of winter coat to deal with it. Sorry, but I really think it's very risky.

I would definately advise against moving her outside at this time of year. Could you maybe sit your O/H down and explain why she needs to remian inside ? Failing that ... move the O/H outside and keep the bunsters indoors :lol:;)

I would definately advise against moving her outside at this time of year. Could you maybe sit your O/H down and explain why she needs to remian inside ? Failing that ... move the O/H outside and keep the bunsters indoors :lol:;)

Ooooh...I like that idea! :)

If all else fails and you have to put her outside just make sure there is PLENTY of straw/hay that they can burrow into and I'm sure they'll be fine. I take it they are in a hutch or are they loose in the outhouse?

The will be in the hutch, but it is protected on three sides., plus Im planning on ordering a hutch hugger from the Ebay man.

Back