PDA

View Full Version : Just had a big scare!!!

albo
29-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Our bunny, mrs snuffles, has free run of our garden, i was in the bathroom this morning and heard a kerfuffle in the garden, I went out to find a bird of prey flapping around the garden with a blackbird in its claws! mrs snuffles was sat in the same spot id seen her in a few minutes before!!!

she was completely un aware of what went on.......that bird of prey could of got her right?????:shock:

Kipper
29-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes the bird could have caught your bun. Is there anyway you could cover the garden with some netting or else build a run for her & cover that in netting?

mullethead
29-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Yep deffo,If you have bird of prey close i would only let the bun in a run with lid while unsupervised if i were you.:shock:

Boudicca
29-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I’m told by a an avid bird lover that Sparrow Hawks wouldn’t go for a ‘fully grown’ rabbit, but I’m not so sure! I witnessed a horrible scene in my garden 2 weeks ago when one caught a Collared Dove and systematically plucked and ate the whole thing on my lawn :shock:, I now have a huge pile of feathers at the bottom of my almond tree! Very beautiful bird, but horrible scene! I wouldn’t want to risk leaving a little defenceless bun in the garden!

albo
30-10-2008, 08:05 AM
i have a run with a lid for her, but its such a shame to put her in it as she can normally have the run of the garde, but i obviously cant do this unless im out there with her, which i cant do! i put her out there this morning in the run,to come back a little while after to find 2 mewling cats sat on the fence looking at her!!!
She has a lid on the run but surely if one of the cats were to jump on the run that could scare the poor bun to death couldnt it??? what do i do???

Our bun lives indoors anyway and has free run of the kitchen all day,she only goes in hutch at night, so shes mooching around allday,but she still needs outside time i guess...any ideas what i can do about the blimming cats and birds of prey!!! UGH