• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a big scare!!!

albo

Warren Scout
Our bunny, mrs snuffles, has free run of our garden, i was in the bathroom this morning and heard a kerfuffle in the garden, I went out to find a bird of prey flapping around the garden with a blackbird in its claws! mrs snuffles was sat in the same spot id seen her in a few minutes before!!!

she was completely un aware of what went on.......that bird of prey could of got her right?????:shock:

Yes the bird could have caught your bun. Is there anyway you could cover the garden with some netting or else build a run for her & cover that in netting?

Yep deffo,If you have bird of prey close i would only let the bun in a run with lid while unsupervised if i were you.:shock:

I’m told by a an avid bird lover that Sparrow Hawks wouldn’t go for a ‘fully grown’ rabbit, but I’m not so sure! I witnessed a horrible scene in my garden 2 weeks ago when one caught a Collared Dove and systematically plucked and ate the whole thing on my lawn :shock:, I now have a huge pile of feathers at the bottom of my almond tree! Very beautiful bird, but horrible scene! I wouldn’t want to risk leaving a little defenceless bun in the garden!

i have a run with a lid for her, but its such a shame to put her in it as she can normally have the run of the garde, but i obviously cant do this unless im out there with her, which i cant do! i put her out there this morning in the run,to come back a little while after to find 2 mewling cats sat on the fence looking at her!!!
She has a lid on the run but surely if one of the cats were to jump on the run that could scare the poor bun to death couldnt it??? what do i do???

Our bun lives indoors anyway and has free run of the kitchen all day,she only goes in hutch at night, so shes mooching around allday,but she still needs outside time i guess...any ideas what i can do about the blimming cats and birds of prey!!! UGH

Back