• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Such brilliant dental work idea

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
My vet & I cook up this new idea:

A few mth. ago, my vet told me to take X ray, he can put my bun Bernie under a "deep sedation", but it's not a GA.

Last week, when I check Bernie's teeth, I notice his teeth is growing upwards and needs trimming. So I suggest to my vet, since there is only a small degree of trimming, instead of put him under a GA, can we try a "deep sedation"?

So, in the end, turns out there is 2 teeth, he put him under a deep sedation, but not quite enough time, so he put Bernie under a "Ultra Short GA", and get done the remaining dental work.

Now Bernie is only 3.x years old. But he could need dental trimming once every 10 mth. As he gets older, I would feel comfy when we don't need to put him under a full GA for 2 teeth trimming, rather, the ultra short one as the deep sedation take care of a good chunk of time.

For those of you who has older bun that requires short surgery, the above trick works very nicely. Bernie got done his teeth trim on Sun. and come back as a happy bunny again.

Back