• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very happy bun mum :D New indoor housing :D U/D all settled in now :)

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
Went shopping with my parents earlier, and had to pop into B&Q to get a new cord for my blind, so thought I would have a quick look for the mesh cubes someone talked about recently, as they hadn't had any in cardiff. They had about 12 boxes, so decided to get 2 packs, and they weigh an absolute ton! Am heading back to cardiff on the train tomorrow,and picking gizmo up from the vets nurse thursday morning. He's been there since sunday as an indoors bun, so need to get his new set-up done, as don't want him going back outside again now!! I'm coming down again with my boyfriend on nov 8th by car, so am going to bodge it with one pack for a week, because i can't physically lift both packs in my suitcase along with everything else!! Went along to the carpet shop down the road from me earlier, and sweet talked him into a free offcut, which will be more than enough for the floor of his new cage, and enough to cover a few ledges too :D So after lugging a pack of these mesh cubes home in my suitcase tomorrow, along with 200 cable ties (to allow for many mistakes!!) Gizmo will have a nice new temp home for a week! very excited about him being a proper house bunny :) He's pretty litter trained too, even though he hasn't been neutured yet, which makes it easier!! In his hutch he used to go to toilet in the enclosed part on straw, and have his snuggly towel in the wire bit, where he slept. And what do i put in his litter tray? will mostly straw be ok for now? Because i've only just bought a jumbo sized bale for him, and don't really want it to go to waste! if not, i'm hoping I can find a local rescue who might want it? Does anyone have any tips on what I need in there with him? A litter tray obv, but anything else? I've seen the snuggle beds, but think he would just eat it! He used to have a bunny box (a cardboard box with a hole in, filled with hay) but he just seemed to ignore it!

Last edited:
Something to toss or throw, baby keys or baby rings looped together are a favorite with mine. The little grapevine wreathes (un-laquered of course!!) that they sell at hobby/craft stores are light and chewable as well, I find these are the most consistent hit with my buns.

I've found a few simple cat toys (none with catnip) are good for tossing as well..

the simple chinese finger traps are great for shredding and tossing too!

he likes to throw and chew empty toilet roll tubes, so he has an endless supply of these (i think one of my housemates eats toilet rolls as we seem to get through one a day at the moment!!:shock:) he likes to play tug of war with them too. I bought him a wooden carrot thing that hangs from the bars today, that you can put things in the holes if you choose too. He's never been to bothered about toys. I'm not really sure what I should put in there for him to sleep in, and what I should use as a litter tray, and what I should line his bed and litter tray with

I find no matter how hard I try to make them a "comfy" place or buy small dog beds etc, they end up peeing on what I give them, and lay in their litter boxes :lol:

OH! I also forgot, I added this to the bun's run two days ago and they absolutely adore it, if you have an old phonebook, just all paper, toss that in there.. they can dig at it, shred pages, they have a great time with them!

he's loving being an indoor bun :)

He's all settled in, and loving his new house :) I spent over £30 on toys for him yesterday, and the only one he seems interested in is his new tent!! he did his first wee in his litter tray just now, although he's done many on the floor so far!!! Because he wasn't keen on the laminate floor, he has an old duvet cover and towel down, but its going to get smelly and wet if he keeps weeing on it, so should i take it away? Or now that he's been in his litter tray, will he keep going in there?

Please could you post a piccy. I'd love to see the new cube house, I'm just in the process of constructing mine!

Back