• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a fight

wendle

Warren Veteran
My 2 bunnys (girl sisters) are now 6 months old i got them at 12 weeks, they have been together since then, i had them spayed 2 weeks ago, on thursday mornin last week they had a fight in the bedroom resulting in my little choc one having 4 staple stitches in her side, i still have them together but have to keep one in the cage while 1 has a run round and vice versa, they both still sniff each other thru the cage and either 1 lays at the side of it, my vet said i should wait around 4 weeks to let their hormones settle after their spay, how will i no when they have settled anyone please, and with them still being side by side all the time i wont have to re-bond them will i cos they not seperated out of sight or smell of each other , any advice will be appreciated :)

i would seperate those fighters by a few inches so they can't nip each other through the cage wire. You'll probably need to start the bonding session all over again in a completely alien space to them (bathtub/spare room/bathroom etc) and start off in a smaller area so less likely for chasing/scrapping etc and extend daily. Try to leave them with each other for as long as possible provided no ones getting hurt and watch them.

Definately wait another 4 weeks until you attempt it though, if the space you provided doesn't work, move them somewhere else. You could also try, while they are seperated, to put a soft toy in each hutch and cover each toy with the bunnies fur and put it in the other bunny's hutch, maybe even switch hutches although they will most likely lose their good toilet habits.

They dont bother each other when 1 is in the cage , they are in my bedroom since they have been spayed my little grey one has gone really quiet she eats and drinks normally but she dont run around like she used to she just lays sprawled out, if i have to bond them again in 4 weeks ill get Angie65 to help me she said she would as she lives near to me, i took them to the vets in the carrier and they were both fine :)

oh cool - good to have another bunnyfriend to help you out - sometimes I wish there was someone near me. Keep us updated :D

I'm sorry those two gorgeous girlies of yours have been fighting. :(

Bubbles and Alfie had a little fall out after Bubbles was spayed too - I think it was just down to the change in hormones and Bubbles feeeling out of sorts (understandably). It's good that you have Angie to help you out and hopefully they will be friends again. :)

Back