• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think im maybe being a little horrible?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
a rescue is currently helping me rehome Crystal and Misty i trust they can find a great home for them but feel awful as ive just said id want to do the homecheck myself so i can feel 100% certain their going to a good home but now i feel im being awful and dont want them to feel i dont trust them :oops:

rescues would you feel quite offended if the person with the rabbits wanted to do the home check rather then you :?:oops:

a rescue is currently helping me rehome Crystal and Misty i trust they can find a great home for them but feel awful as ive just said id want to do the homecheck myself so i can feel 100% certain their going to a good home but now i feel im being awful and dont want them to feel i dont trust them :oops:

rescues would you feel quite offended if the person with the rabbits wanted to do the home check rather then you :?:oops:

Humm i dont know hun.
I guess you could go along with them...rather than state you want to do it on your own.

x

I don't think that is unreasonable to ask!

I agree that you could offer to with them rather than instead of them.

Good luck :)

Personally I'd think it nice that someone handing in an animal actually cares what happens. Too many people bring them here in a cardboard box and don't look back. I think it's great that you're doing everything you can to make sure they get a good home.

If these are the 2 bunnies that I was looking at on the website for the rescue!!! I was asually thinking about adopting these 2,but I rescued Angus.
I have adopted from this rescue and they checked my housing arrangement and where great!I'm sure that they will understand your worries!!:wave:

I'd also think that you were just being very caring and involved. I don't think I'd take offence if that is what you are worried about. Are you thinking that they may feel you don't trust them to do a good job? I wouldn't worry, I think it's fab that you want to do the best by your bunnies.

All the best with it.

i agree with asking them if you could come with them. that way it sounds like youre interested in where your buns are going, not like you distrust them - which i presume is true so will have the ring of truth too ;)

If someone asked me to do that I would refuse I'm afraid. I never think it's a good idea to have the previous owners and new owners in touch if they go through rescue as it can cause too many problems.

I also think if you are using a rescue to help you to rehome, you have to trust them to do the job properly.

You would be better to leave it to someone who is an experienced home visitor, you may find you are distracted by things such as whether you like them or not :?

I tend to agree with Lucy in that it will be very emotional for you, wheras for the rescue they will look at the new adoptees in an objective and business like manner - I think you should trust them to know their stuff!
Why not ask them to request updates from the new owners maybe twice a year that they can pass on to you?
It must be really hard having to give up your rabbits, and I know I would feel the same as you, but I work in a rescue and we would never let the previous owner and new owners meet.
I hope it goes well for you:D

Please consider your options. I think you are not in a selective position. You are wanting to rehome your bunnies and have tried for ever to find them a home. If you have a rescue willing to do this, you cannot upset them or what happens to your rabbits then?. You have to have trust in that rescue. If using a rescue, it should be like the adoption of children - it should be up to the new owners if they want to stay in touch with the previous ones.

Back