• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

diarrhoea in shauny?

:wave: ive got back to find 3 kinda like pools on the carpet not very big (maybe a bit bigger than 50p). it had all dried and gone crusty.

Shauny seems fine eating his hay and looking for his evening dinner of pellets (which i havnt given yet).

anybody have any ideas as to what could have caused it?.

ohh p.s he hasnt had anything different to eat, and there were loads of ''normal'' poo aswell.
x

No plants around he might have eaten? No different hay? No tiny bits of food left around? No more food than he normally has?

Push the hay and water, but hopefully he is over the worst is it was dry.

No plants around he might have eaten? No different hay? No tiny bits of food left around? No more food than he normally has?

Push the hay and water, but hopefully he is over the worst is it was dry.

i hope so bless him. hes in our room so nothing really he could have got hold of. He has started to leave his veg of a night time (well hel munch a bit of it) and then leave the rest till the morning, and then eat it:roll:.

do you think i should hold off his pellets for today?.
x

do you think i should hold off his pellets for today?.
x

Yes aslong as he eats lots of hay. If he only nibbles it then feed half the normal amount of pellets
If you can find any Blackberry leaves feeding a few of those would be good too

:)

Yes aslong as he eats lots of hay. If he only nibbles it then feed half the normal amount of pellets
If you can find any Blackberry leaves feeding a few of those would be good too

:)

:wave: thankyou. He has been munchin on hay (that ive just changed), i gave him a very small amount of pellets (he wolfed them up).

had a few poo's, which were ''normal'', any ideas on what could have caused it?.

ps can i buy blackberry leaves, if so where, or do i just pick them from the plants?.
x

Back