• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another question??

hilary

Warren Scout
another question -been reading a few more threads and i saw that someone had mentioned about their rabbits having open acess to run overnight- does everyone do this - i personally dont as we near fields etc and the enclosure we built (about half the garden) is not covered on top,
just curious -just want best for my crew. they gat out for 8-10hrs a day. when i go home tonight from work -in2hrs they will be fed and put in

thanks everyone

Mine were free range during the day and put into the shed as it got dark/I got home from work. They are in an out house now to make it easier for me and a touch warmer for them.

Alfie and Bubbles have a hutch and run combo that is fully enclosed, fitted with locks and very secure so I let them have 24 hour access to the whole thing.

I think it would be too dangerous to leave your buns outside overnight in an enclosure without a lid because of foxes. It sounds as though they get plenty of exercise as it is too. :)

We definitely have foxes in the area so I only let them free range when I can be out there with them the whole time, otherwise they are in a run with a lid, but even then I have my head at the window to check them every couple of minutes. :lol:

Mine are out overnight in hutch/run combos. I would never let them free range in the garden overnight (they don't get it during the day, but I mean generally), so in your situation I would be putting them away, because it's far safer.

Back