• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 neuterings today! U/D advice needed

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Scamper, Captain Carrot, Twilight and Cobweb all to be done, plus I'm dropping off Roxy (the Cambridge dutch Jane28 found that needed an urgent re-home) to Kris on the return trip...

Fingers crossed please for the four buns coming through their ops safely and Roxy having a calm journey to Kris...

Last edited:
Thank you...here are pics of the bunnies in question...

Picture015.jpg

Scamper black/white top left; Captain Carrot - orange; Cobweb pale grey

and here's Twilight...

Picture016.jpg

Thanks for the vibes..really nervous, knowing they're being operated on any minute. Turns out that despite what a different vet said, Scamper is in fact a girl, which means a more invasive op...:cry:

Thank you for the vibes! All four are home and eating okay; I've just given them metcam and left them to settle for the night. Captain Carrot had a tough time :( Apparently they could only find one of his..er...:oops:...you get the picture. They said that finding the other would need a second op but it would be risking adhesions(?) and they'd be inclined to leave it. Any thoughts/experience anyone? I have no un-neutered females so it' s not a disaster if he's fertile.

PS In response to previous post, Captain Carrot says he eats Biscuits like you for breakfast... :lol:

Glad they came through ok
Re the missing plum..if he has one internal one there is a small risk of testicular cancer if it's left ..little Dreamer had one like this and it was successfully found and removed

Thanks. :D We had a dog with same problem but vet said dogs are easier to sort and react better to GAs. Does the rabbit breed make any difference? He's a giant conti.

Off to bed now - just got back from taking Roxy to Kris at Starlights and I'll start typing gibberish but sleep well all and back in the morning! :wave:

Back