PDA

View Full Version : Would just like to say

Starlight
28-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I do NOT operate a renting service.

So thank you, i will NOT be lending out hutches to rabbits i have offered a rescue place and emergency spey. If you turn down the offer, more fool you, you are on your own :evil::evil::evil:

If you can not get hutches on your own, or afford to, you will not be able to afford a rabbit plus a litter.

I think it is rude to ask and then try "blackmailing" me.

biscuitblossom
28-10-2008, 02:50 PM
:shock::shock::shock:

abbymarysmokey
28-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Ditto >>>> :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have I missed something?

Starlight
28-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I got a rather cheeky PM that shocked me.

sally1974
28-10-2008, 03:06 PM

*Spider*
28-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Totally agree with Kris here.
If you can't afford to rescue this bun + it's potential litter then why have the cheek to after Kirs has kindly offered you this bun a space ask for a hutch?!

:shock:

Starlight
28-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Totally agree with Kris here.
If you can't afford to rescue this bun + it's potential litter then why have the cheek to after Kirs has kindly offered you this bun a space ask for a hutch?!

:shock:

She actually originally just PM'ed saying:

hi there,
ive hit upon a problem and i need a spare hutch for a few weeks as someone just offered me a rabbit but the thing is shes pregnant so i need a hutch urgently.
please if u can help that would be great.

Name taken out for obvious reasons.

MammaH
28-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Tinsel
28-10-2008, 04:01 PM
hmmm... I had someone asking for a lift to collect a new rabbit or something a few weeks back..wonder if it's the same; they approached me right out of the blue and seemed to assume I'd say yes and that I'd make all my arrangements around them...

Elimy1987
28-10-2008, 04:04 PM
:shock: Can't believe someone had the cheek to ask!

Anyway see you tonight kris for bonding my bunnies :)

Stator
28-10-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't think posting private messages on the forum is a good way to go. Only going to cause trouble.

Amy & Amber
28-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't think posting private messages on the forum is a good way to go. Only going to cause trouble.

was it you then :lol:

Starlight
28-10-2008, 05:24 PM

No offence, but i do not care what you think. I am past caring about this "situation". So i shall do as i wish.
After all, i have not mentioned any names or specific details of whom it is.

Snowy
28-10-2008, 05:26 PM
No offence, but i do not care what you think. I am past caring about this "situation". So i shall do as i wish.
After all, i have not mentioned any names or specific details of whom it is.

100% agree with you Kris,

Stator
28-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Since you're being so rude, I'll tell you what I actually think. You need to stop being so melodramatic. Someone asked you for a hutch, you said no. Hardly a stop the press moment.

honeybunny
28-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Anyone got a spare plank?:lol:

kayj
28-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Haven't a clue whats gone on :shock::shock:
Kris, unfortunately some people think rescues are a bottomless pit of money and can afford to provide everything & anything free of charge:roll: (We all wish;)), Some people also think by trying to blackmail a rescue is going to help a situation. Don't let it get to you:D

lotsofsmoggies
28-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I've several, with nails in too for extra punishment. :lol:

Sparkle x
28-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Anyone got a spare plank?:lol:

I agree.
I have lots with plenty of nails in.
Jesus does he ever stop!!!!!!!:D

kayj
28-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Does anybody want anymore nails;)

*Spider*
28-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Since you're being so rude, I'll tell you what I actually think. You need to stop being so melodramatic. Someone asked you for a hutch, you said no. Hardly a stop the press moment.

:lol:
Do you know the whole story?
No, didn't think so.

sweetcheeksemma
28-10-2008, 06:24 PM
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
The cheek!

Starlight
28-10-2008, 06:29 PM

If you knew the whole story, you would be on my side.

Phoebesmummy9
28-10-2008, 06:32 PM

I think your the one being rude. I can totally understand her anger at the PM. Shes done no harm and hasnt mentioned names or who sent the PM. If youve got nothing constructive to say on the thread, i suggest you dont post. Why should people be loaned hutchs, when theres people like starlight, and myself and many other forum members, who go out and spend 100's on accomodation for our rabbits, why should ANYONE get a free ride! :shock: if you cant afford a hutch, then you most certaintly wont be able to afford to keep a doe and her litter!

ecudc
28-10-2008, 06:35 PM
does anyone have some trifle they could lend Kris?

Chipmunk_K
28-10-2008, 06:37 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually have an old moldy one in the fridge :shock:

Starlight
28-10-2008, 06:38 PM

I have some in the fridge :D
Fruit cocktail!

Phoebesmummy9
28-10-2008, 06:39 PM

Thatll do nicely - the added bonus of penicillin :lol:

Jack's-Jane
28-10-2008, 06:44 PM

A hutch or a Trifle :?

:)

mindymoo
28-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I can kinda see both sides, yes it was very cheeky that this person asked to use a hutch and irresponsible of them to think of even taking the bun but at the same time all you had to say was "no way" :oops:

Starlight
28-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I can kinda see both sides, yes it was very cheeky that this person asked to use a hutch and irresponsible of them to think of even taking the bun but at the same time all you had to say was "no way" :oops:

If you knew the full story, you would know why i am so angry

donnamt
28-10-2008, 06:47 PM
i was bought up with the understanding if you dont ask you dont get :p

nope i didnt send the pm either....

but i think Timboh is right.... why not deal with it in pm whether youve named or shamed or not theres still someone who knows your deliberately being an ass which is pretty much bullying something that most on this froum are so dead against :roll:

Sooz
28-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Where's that popcorn emoticon when you need it?

Sky-O
28-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I guess its just hard for people to understand when we don't know, and its ok for us to not know, and I understand there is obviously a LOT more to the story, but I think that's why people are saying things that don't make sense if you know the story (if anyone followed that, that's a miracle). Tis hard to be on the 'outside' sometimes, lol.

I think you should have bought a brand spanking new hutch, and then sold it to said person for more than you brought it. :D

luvabun
28-10-2008, 06:52 PM

Dunno but how about this one..

http://bestsmileys.com/sports1/20.gif

Sooz
28-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Dunno but how about this one..

http://bestsmileys.com/sports1/20.gif

That'll do nicely :wave:
I've got some real popcorn in the cupboard to munch on :lol:

cashmincal
28-10-2008, 07:03 PM
No, that's emoticon is Mr Mod, doh :wave:

;)

I must admit it's a bit of a cheek to ask to be honest :? but than I don't know any of the story.

Tinsel
28-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty sure, having compared notes with Kris, that this is the same woman who pmed me right out of the blue asking if I could drive her to collect her new rabbit and hutch as she didn't have transport. The tone of her pm was really odd - like she was 100% sure I'd fit round her plans even though I was a total stranger and it would mean me driving through outskirts of London in rush hour. I got the feeling she'd visited RU, seen how much folk on here help each other out, then demanded that help as a right - without establishing herself as a good bunny owner/developing any kind of relationships within the forum first or even using basic good manners.. :(

Sparkle x
28-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure, having compared notes with Kris, that this is the same woman who pmed me right out of the blue asking if I could drive her to collect her new rabbit and hutch as she didn't have transport. The tone of her pm was really odd - like she was 100% sure I'd fit round her plans even though I was a total stranger and it would mean me driving through outskirts of London in rush hour. I got the feeling she'd visited RU, seen how much folk on here help each other out, then demanded that help as a right - without establishing herself as a good bunny owner/developing any kind of relationships within the forum first or even using basic good manners.. :(

Oh dear.
She went the wrong way about it then.

Bunny Buddy
28-10-2008, 07:41 PM

Confused you with Santa no doubt, having seen your avatar :shock: ... sleighs come in very useful at rush hour ;) :lol::lol:

Tinsel
28-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Confused you with Santa no doubt, having seen your avatar :shock: ... sleighs come in very useful at rush hour ;) :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: True! And no sleigh-clampers around either...

AlisonA
28-10-2008, 07:49 PM
I broke my shredder this week (yes, it's absolutely true after that other conversation :lol:).

Can you drive round with a spare shredder for me at the weekend, or pop round and take mine away and repair it for me and then bring it back on Thursday between 8-9pm?

Sooz
28-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I broke my shredder this week (yes, it's absolutely true after that other conversation :lol:).

Can you drive round with a spare shredder for me at the weekend, or pop round and take mine away and repair it for me and then bring it back on Thursday between 8-9pm?

I've got one I can loan you if someone would be so kind as to come and get it from my work :wave:

Tinsel
28-10-2008, 07:52 PM

1) You didn't break your shredder it CHOSE to self-destruct after the appalling way it had been treated

2) You have captured the tone of the original pm perfectly...so perfectly, in fact, that I'm starting to get very suspicious (*looks very suspicious*)

3) erm..that would be a no...

PS Nice one, Sooz! :lol:

Becca6
28-10-2008, 08:00 PM

This one? http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Becca1904/Smileys/Food%20and%20Drink/thpopcorn.gif

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Becca1904/Smileys/Confused/mysmilie_1298.gif

Bavarian Bunny
28-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh, and I am sure you can take some of my snails to Lincoln, Alison, right? :D

Stator
28-10-2008, 08:03 PM
If this thread is part of some larger scenario with more details than you are posting then you should provide those extra details, you shouldn't expect people to guess who or what you are referring to. As it stands this thread is over the top.

I don't think under any circumstances people should be posting on the forum conversations that go on in private. If you posted one of my private messages, no matter how trivial, I would be annoyed.

Amy & Amber
28-10-2008, 08:12 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/AmyandAmber123/images-1.jpg

Starlight
28-10-2008, 08:15 PM
If this thread is part of some larger scenario with more details than you are posting then you should provide those extra details, you shouldn't expect people to guess who or what you are referring to. As it stands this thread is over the top.

I don't think under any circumstances people should be posting on the forum conversations that go on in private. If you posted one of my private messages, no matter how trivial, I would be annoyed.

If she has nothing to hide, then she shall not mind me posting.
The larger scenariowas on the forum at some stage.

Personally i think you are over the top.

Phoebesmummy9
28-10-2008, 08:15 PM
lmfao @ amy :lol:

kayj
28-10-2008, 08:36 PM

I love It :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sparkle x
28-10-2008, 08:37 PM

SPOT ON!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Stator
28-10-2008, 09:46 PM
If she has nothing to hide, then she shall not mind me posting.
The larger scenariowas on the forum at some stage.

Personally i think you are over the top.

That's a decision for her to take, not you.

AlisonA
28-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Indeed...and surely the decision to post this thread in the manner it has been done is for Starlight to take, not you.

The mods say time and time again if you think a post breaks the forum rules then report it. That's a different thing to becoming the self-styled forum police which as I'm sure you can see from comments made towards you on this thread and others, isn't exactly embraced. If mods/admin make those decisions, then so be it, as that's the position they are in on the forum - and you're not. So if you have a problem, I suggest you direct it towards them rather than to continue with your own manner of policing of what you think is acceptable or not.

Becca6
28-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Indeed...and surely the decision to post this thread in the manner it has been done is for Starlight to take, not you.

The mods say time and time again if you think a post breaks the forum rules then report it. That's a different thing to becoming the self-styled forum police which as I'm sure you can see from comments made towards you on this thread and others, isn't exactly embraced. If mods/admin make those decisions, then so be it, as that's the position they are in on the forum - and you're not. So if you have a problem, I suggest you direct it towards them rather than to continue with your own manner of policing of what you think is acceptable or not.

Very well said http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z104/Becca1904/Smileys/Excited/thclap.gif

Starlight
28-10-2008, 09:55 PM
That's a decision for her to take, not you.

Well on the previous thread about her, she told me she had nothing to hide, so i said declare it on the forum.

If you do not like what i say

Get off my thread

Leanne
28-10-2008, 09:55 PM
This thread has gone as far as it can so im closing it. :wave: