• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits sleeping quarters

hilary

Warren Scout
i was reading few some of the threads - ive always just had hay for my rabbits to sleep on (they are all outside rabbits) but i see people use vet beds etc what is better. ive always been told newspaper then hay -wood chippings in other part.

I use newspaper then hay. i used to use straw, but not anymore cos it can cause injures to their eyes. Sawdust is bad because of respiratory problems.

I use layers of newspaper and then stacks and stacks of hay (I also mix my bog standard hay with timothy hay and rabbit forage in case he fancies a bedtime snack LOL !)

:lol: snack - sometimes i think ill go out in moring and they will have eaten their beds!! thanks for replies. does anyone else use wood chippings -i get mine at pah

:lol: snack - sometimes i think ill go out in moring and they will have eaten their beds!! thanks for replies. does anyone else use wood chippings -i get mine at pah

i do :D xx
in her bedroom and on the floor in her hutch xx

Back