• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VIbes needed for Roger - u/d he's home but need poo vibes please

Nic Nou 26

Warren Scout
Hi guys,

Please can I have vibes for Roger had to rush him to the vets this morning as he tried but couldnt eat. He has molar spurs and a bruised tongue.

This is the first time he has shown any signs of being unwell. But as he is normally such a porker I just went with my gut feeling and took him.

The vet took him straight into surgery. THey are calling me in a little while, will keep you updated.

Any vibes would be fantastic xxx

Thanks Jane.:wave:

Well he is out of surgery and has come round from the anaesthetic. They have had a good sort out but she thinks he is going to need on going treatment. Is this what people refer to as a dental bun??

I am picking my boy up at 3.30, poor Dora is looking so sad wondering where her man is!

They will be spending the night, tomorrow day and night too in a nice warm cat box by my bed!!!

The vets have said that they will give me lots of advice on what to look out for and do for Roger to a, monitor and b, try and prevent. My only query is when I took him in one of the vetinary nurses said that one thing to do is limit the amount of hay that I give my buns?? But i thought they should have an unlimited supply??

The vets have said that they will give me lots of advice on what to look out for and do for Roger to a, monitor and b, try and prevent. My only query is when I took him in one of the vetinary nurses said that one thing to do is limit the amount of hay that I give my buns?? But i thought they should have an unlimited supply??
Worrying that she said to limit the hay... did yo uask why? (I wouldn't have done... I think of the questions later:oops: ).

The bun I have that has front teeth is prone to dental spurs on his back teeth if he fills up on other stuff instead of hay. It will be intresting to see what advice your Vet gives you.

Worrying that she said to limit the hay... did yo uask why? (I wouldn't have done... I think of the questions later:oops: ).

The bun I have that has front teeth is prone to dental spurs on his back teeth if he fills up on other stuff instead of hay. It will be intresting to see what advice your Vet gives you.

Me to!!:oops: Luckily on this occasion tho she explained without asking, she said that if I limit the amount of hay I will be able to see what they are eating. Actually....... I think I may have answered my own question thinking about it. With my buns hay they basically have a huge troph that I make sure is always full of hay where as I think she was trying to say I should feed them little and often?? Does that make sense?

Sorry, I've only just seen this, but it's good you acted so quickly and aren't having to deal with stasis issues too...vibes for a swift recovery...

Thank you!

He is home and up in a cat box with Dora by my bed. She is over the moon that her man is home but Roger as expected is very sheepish and sad. The vet thinks he is going to need to be checked regularly and I need to weigh him once a week as she said that this will help see if he is eating less a sure sign that his teeth are playing up.

She was quite happy with his diet but has suggested some additions to the pellets that will really grind his teeth. She mainly suggested brocolli is there anything anyone else would suggest?

Also He hasnt done any poo's since I picked him up at 4.30 so please can I have poo vibes.

Thanks again xx

Back