• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter bunnies

susiemae

Mama Doe
Does anyone else spend most of winter worrying about their rabbits? All my four are outdoors (as its just not feasible for them to be indoors) but I hate the winter as I spend most of the time worrying about them when the temperature drops and its freezing at night. Obviously they have loads of bedding and even a snugglesafe, but it doesnt stop me worrying when I know how cold it is outside:(:(

I never worry about my rabbits outdoors. Their hutch is sheltered on three sides, they have a cover, hay to snuggle into, they have each other, winter coats, and when it's really cold, they have a snugglesafe. So I never worry, the only thing I worry about is their water freezing, but it hardly ever does.

I don't particularly worry about mine either, although this year I have one who will sit out even when it's freezing, btu that's his choice given that he can go somewhere warm and snuggly if he wants too. If your set up is adequate, then you don't need to worry :)

Hello:wave::wave:

I do.:oops::oops:

ALL THE TIME

But we are sooooo close to getting the shed finished, I'm hoping that once they're settled I can feel less stressed about them.

I'm sure they're fine - I just worry at the moment, especially with the fireworks that will be happenng soon:evil:

:wave: yes i would when the temp really drops. but then i bundle in extra hay on top of the extra they already have and insulate as best as i can for them

I try not to worry too much as they have nice big insulated sheds and have access to their runs whenever they want (apart from at night), but I hate it when they can't come out in the garden for their good run around cos it's raining.

I always go down the garden to tuck mine up for bed around 11pm. Last night it was 1 degree celsius in Hera and Ra's shed, but they still felt quite warm.

Its when it drops to the minus degrees that I start thinking about bringing them all in and stashing them away so hubbie can't see:lol:

I do! As much as i make their homes as snug as possible i always worry. I constantly think i wonder if they feel cold or they are ok :roll:

Back