• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home pellets/nugget

ATM my buns have A&P, Science Selective and Pets at Home nuggets mixed together.

They are fine to mix in with a high fibre pellet like A&P as long as your bun doesn't selectively feed (mine wolf anything and everything down :lol: )

Fidget has it and loves it, tried her on lots of different pellets including excel, SS and johnsons but they all gave her the trots

I looked at the ingredients and they seem the same, I am changing Lola to these. Mind you she would eat a scabby donkey between two mucky mattresses the little troglet!

Molly and jack are currently on Excel at the moment, I was thinking of changing as i'm a little worried about thier poos(see diet thread).

Sophie came to me with them, but she is going over to A&P ASAP. Sorry to hijack, but as she is 8 weeks, how long before I can move her over? Lady I bought her said 12 weeks then move her over very slowly.

Molly use to be on these but they had a tendency to give her a sticky bum, although to be fair in hindsight we were probably letting her have too many as we were going by what it said on the packet. :oops: She is now on SS.

She did love the PAH nuggets to the point of obsession, we always thought she was just a greedy guts (which she is) but one day we ran out of the guinea pig equivalents so at bed time gave the piggys a small handfull of the rabbit ones. The next morning when I went to give the piggys their breakfast veggies they were all at the front of the cage, snatched the greens out of my hands, threw them onto the floor then carried on squeaking and trying to get to my hands!! :shock: They NEVER throw away greens - but they were definitely after some more nuggets!!

all mine have it, they have been on it for over a year and its the best food ive given them, i gave them excell once but it seemed richer so i found this better, and mine have never had any problems, and they go crazy for it!

Mine came over on wilkisons mixed bag stuff..it looks horrible, i want to wean off onto something better.....i was thinking p@h

I can not recommend SS highly enough. Mine love it, and do really well on it. It's higher fibre than Excel (don't know about P@H) so would be good for poos.

I'm thinking about switching from Excel to SS, especially as they are bringing out a new range, including a mature pellet! It is better for them in my opinion as it's higher in fibre! x

hi

all of my 10 have been on it and ive never had any problems -few of them have theirs mixed with the pah rabbit museli

My captain has always been on pets at home pellets, junior and now he is a big boy, adult. He wont eat other rabbit food, not even excel, which i also thought was the same, it is slighly different though, i mixed it in with his usual pets at home nuggets and it got rejected. He threw each individual pellet out of the bowl into a pile, fussy little man. It did'nt pass the taste test. He has never had any problems with pets at hime nuggets though.

Back