• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Igloo (Shelter)

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I got a new shelter today for Smudge when it rains. It's a plastic igloo - but he won't go in it! I've put food etc in there and he just won't. He sits next to it. :roll: It does look a tight fit - but I have lifted it over him and he can get out - therefore he can get in but he just won't - will he eventually or will he prefer to sit in the rain?

is it one of these?

http://www.savic.be/DetAnimal.asp?group=Small Animal&fam=Small animal home&product=Cocoon

Pebble has one, but likes it upside down the best.. like this :)

S7300146.jpg

x

Yes, very similar, but the holes on the top (bottom) are only on the top - not the sides. I've put a piece of lino on it to waterproof it. Looks cute the way yours uses it - but I want him to have a shelter.

awh rite, thats originally what i got pebble one for, but she was haveing none of it haha! x

Does he have any other option of shelter? If he's outdoors for a while then I'd say he really needs a bigger shelter that he can lie down, sit up and turn around in - and preferably with a 'base' on it so it's off the floor. I think those plastic shelters are useful as an additional thing of interest for a bun but don't really actually provide much useful shelter if it's the only shelter that is in a run.

I got some of them for my rats and put one next to the buns just to see, my smallest bunny wouldnt even get their head in without lifting it :shock: Its quite small with three rats inside so ive no idea who thought it up for rabbits :lol:

Yeah, l I think I've bought it on whim, can't take it back as I semi-peeled the stickers off. :roll: It is the only shelter in the run to be. So need to think again..... Any ideas?

He can get out of this one and turn round once in but he wouldn't lift it as there is a brick on top to keep it weighted down.:lol: It was £8. The one I saw for cats was £20 and I can't afford that just now.

How about a covered cat litter tray? You can fill it with hay, and it's covered. Or you can buy nice wooden ones for small rabbits. Or even one of those 'not fit for habitation' teeny hutches that petshops sell, as a shelter only of course!!

I got one of them and a fancy looking one but mine don't bother with them either, he'd rather go under the hutch :shock::lol:

Back