• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two bunnies = two litter trays?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

In preparation for getting Lola a hubby, when they go in their "room" for bedtime, do they have one litter tray to share or have one each?

Or do you put your buns to bed in separate cages?

Thank you kindly!

Bonded buns stay together all the time. I would just see what works for them, and how many litter trays they think they need. I have a trio who has one litter tray, and one single who has three, lol. See what they want.

Hi Cat
Eric and Ernie say, "don't worry about buying any more we'll bring our own!":lol::lol::lol:

Seriuosly though, I had 1 between 2 rabbits and then they both ended sleeping in it, so I bought another and they slept in their own, so then I bought 2 more a litter tray each. They seem to switch between them all.:lol:

You could buy another and see what happens, they may share or take it in turns. I guess it's trial and error. They'll let you know 'm sure.

My bonded pair have 3 between them, i did start off with 2 but sophie is awkward and likes to have it her way so got a third and to be honest its easier cleaning out 3 litter trays a day ten trying to clean up after sophie not using a litter tray. My single house bun just has one to herself but seems to have gained the wonderful habit of playing with her litter tray and over turning it, i spend a fortune on toys and she plays with her flipping litter tray :roll::roll::roll::lol::lol::lol:

mine sharea litter tray but go to toilet in 2 places so have 2 in their hutch... both do this unfortunatly but they wouldnt budge os i gave in lol. other bonded buns i have had have just shared a littter trya ideally slightly bigger a large cat tray rather than a kitten one?

Back