• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Misty bleeding again, any advice please

mindymoo

Mama Doe
Oh dear Misty is not well again!!!

She was bleeding quite a while ago and having blood tests didnt reveal anything, she is about 9 now aswell so there are bound to be things crop up.

She has lost a fair amount of blood today, I have called her vets and she isnt there today but will be calling me first thing to discuss the results again.

She does have a lump on her side which disapears when you massage it do you think this has anything to do with the bleeding :(

Last edited:
Oh sorry :oops: Well I wasnt sure whether it was when she had a pee or poo but she just sat on me and did a pee and there was blood again.

She is not spayed btw and just a few days ago was nesting again, it wouldnt have anything to do with that would it??

What animal? Bunny?

It could be something like cystitis, but obviosuly it could be something more serious.

Yep I make sure I clean her ladybits although she does a good job on her own. There is no difference down there that I can see :(
Is there something that I should be keeping an eye out for??

I just meant if it was coming from the uterus it wouldn't just show in her wee, it would show all the time, possibly drops around her girlie bits. If its in her wee then that implies a bladder or kidney problem. This might also be better in the rabbit health area bit.

Last edited:
Ooops opened another post in health and its on here again :?

Erm nope shes not speyed unfortunatley, she was about 3 when I took her in

She should be going to the vets. Anti biotics will help if its cystitis, but that's not the only option, although that possibly is the most likely and also the easiest to fix.

Nope its not red wee there is actual blood in it.

She did lose weight quite rapidly last time as well but she has put that back on since...is this a side effect of cystitus

If she is not comfortable enough to eat then she will lose weight, however, that could mean its a kidney issue.

Her appetite hasnt changed once even when she was not right before she always ate the same amount :?

Its baffling me :(

Back