• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cutest Rabbit in Pets at Home

louise1985

Young Bun
We went to pets at home in redhill yesterday and in the adoption section was a lovely 3 month old male lionhead, all black and fluffy. He looked exactly like Charles but a different color. I really wanted to take him home with us but my boyfriend wouldn't let me!
The writing next to him said that his owner had to bring him back because she had a baby and couldn't look after him anymore, what a rubbish excuse!
I wish I had taken a picture - I am tempted to go back and get him!!

We went to pets at home in redhill yesterday and in the adoption section was a lovely 3 month old male lionhead, all black and fluffy. He looked exactly like Charles but a different color. I really wanted to take him home with us but my boyfriend wouldn't let me!
The writing next to him said that his owner had to bring him back because she had a baby and couldn't look after him anymore, what a rubbish excuse!

Go get him :) Lol!

Ha ha I think my boyfriend would kill me though - I wonder if he would notice another little rabbit running around, he is so tiny and cute?!

tom came home to find a foster bun in our house once... he lokoed annoyed then said ... lets giv him a cuddle then!!! only you know truthfully if you can afford him and ahve space and if your boyf wil lreally hit the roof or not... x

When I last went i nearly ended up taking a grey lady lop home to be my captains girlfriend, however she wasn't neutered and wouldn't have anywhere for her to recover from the op where captain wouldn't be able to bother her, prob not a good idea to try and bond a newly neutered bun on anothers territory! She was so beautiful though, I don't know how anyone could send her to be rehomed and not want to take care of her anymore! I am now looking for an already neutered lady to be captains new girlfriend!

although i find it bad advertsing look at it this way, i got doc from the adoption bit at p@h, his bonded parnter sold, min adoption fee a fiver yes a FIVER some kid who hasnt got a clue will drag mommie over beg to have him and as its only a FIVER a weeks pocket money mom wont feel so bad when she has to hand it over to a rescue when kid gets bored of it, as he didnt cost much and those horrid 3 foot hutches would be perfect as hes only small and wouldnt need much space,

YA FEELING GUILTY YET ARE YA ARE YA !!!!:lol:

GO AND GET HIM,

Awwww you know you wanna give in! GIVE IN!!!!! Resistance is futile!!!! Oh & don't forget to post piccies when you've got him!!! :D:D:D:D

At 3 months old that would only make the bunny a max of 10wks....so assuming it was not removed from its mother and sold untill it was at least 8-9 wks old ( because that is good practice)that only leaves 1 1/2 wks for the owner to have it in the first place and decide that she could not look after it because she had a baby. oh and of course then bring it back:?

But of course we are now told that certain pet shops take great care and ask lots of questions of new potential owners so how did this all come about?... and what about the mate it was first sold with?.:lol::lol::lol:to infinity.

Alan.

Personally I would support a local rescue by getting a rabbit from them and rewarding the hard work they do for rabbit welfare, rather than impulse buying from a shop that helps create problems for rescues :?

Personally I would support a local rescue by getting a rabbit from them and rewarding the hard work they do for rabbit welfare, rather than impulse buying from a shop that helps create problems for rescues :?

I completely agree with supporting rescues rather than supporting the pet trade, but the adoption centres in pets at home are non profit making and a registered charity. So all money given for the pets in the adoption centre is recycled in to the charity and spent on the animals, it doesn't go in to pets at homes bank account. I can't say that I think it's an ideal set up but it's better than nothing; at least it gives some animals a second chance at finding a good home!

I completely agree with supporting rescues rather than supporting the pet trade, but the adoption centres in pets at home are non profit making and a registered charity. So all money given for the pets in the adoption centre is recycled in to the charity and spent on the animals, it doesn't go in to pets at homes bank account. I can't say that I think it's an ideal set up but it's better than nothing; at least it gives some animals a second chance at finding a good home!

Hmmmmm.....there's been a lot said on every aspect of this subject in the past and there is far more to it than simply giving some animals a second chance.

Alan.

I am completely aware of this, which is why I said I would support rescue centres. I was just trying to make a point of all rabbits deserving a second chance. As I've said before, P@H adoptions are not ideal but perhaps we could say it's better than nothing. It's a step in the right direction at least. I know that the work that they do with their adoption rabbits is nothing compared to the work a rescue centre would do and the support is needed far more in rescue centres than the P@H adoptions, was just hi-lighting that it is a registered charity.

Of course I would rather get one from a rescue centre as I have done before but we went to Pets at Home as it is our nearest and cheapest pet shop to buy supplies from and happened to have a look at their adoption centre.

I would rather that the adoption centre was at the front of the store rather than hidden at the back behind the trade bunnies they have for sale.

However I do think it is a good idea to educate people in the concept of rescue rabbits. It may well be something that most people who are considering a rabbit have not thought of, they wouldn't otherwise know of rescues and if they were going to a pet shop anyway then I feel it can raise the profile of rescues.

When we got Charles it was from a pet shop and until I had been on here I would never have thought of going to a rescue first as I had no knowledge of the work they did, or the sheer volume of rabbits that need re-homing.

However I do think it is a good idea to educate people in the concept of rescue rabbits. It may well be something that most people who are considering a rabbit have not thought of, they wouldn't otherwise know of rescues and if they were going to a pet shop anyway then I feel it can raise the profile of rescues.

I completely agree. So many people think that the only animal rescues out there are for cats and dogs, so at least it highlights there are rescue/homeless bunnies out there! It may not be the ideal place to find this out but at least it's a start! x

Back