• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it mean to keep a bun by himself?

Gemsy

Young Bun
I have Harry who is not neutured yet (too young) and he lives by himself. He is totally happy and has the run of the house in the evenings. After loosing my 2 buns not long ago I have mixed opinions about him being by himself. Daisy went down hill after loosing her partner and died a week later.
Now I would like your advice on what you think I should do, do I get him a bud? I don't want to seem selfish but after what happened I really don't want to go through that again.
Thanks
Here is Haza with his best friend.
GwenandHarry.jpg

Aww that's a cute bun :love: and an awesome doggie.

I wouldn't say you were selfish at all! I think it's down to how much interaction they have during the day and if it will be hugely beneficial. If Harry is an indoor bun, I would be less inclined to get him a bun-pal than if he was outdoors.

He isn't by himself though if he has his best friend to play with! Getting our house rabbit a wife was the best thing we ever did but it totally depends on the personality of the bun, if yours is happy then no need to worry!

Dont feel pressurised into getting another bun if you are unsure its what you want :D Harry will need loads of attention from you though :lol: Does he live indoors all the time? You will know if your buns happy or not :D x

Dont feel pressurised into getting another bun if you are unsure its what you want :D Harry will need loads of attention from you though :lol: Does he live indoors all the time? You will know if your buns happy or not :D x

I totally agree, my bridge bun lived in doors and was free range(if you know what i mean), he loved our company especially the boys, and had our full attention always.:D

aww thanks guys i feel a bit better now! he comes in every evening at tea time and has a huge hutch and run in the day. him and my dog are best friends, i thought he might be frightened of her but he loves her! hes really happy so i think i might keep him on his own at the mo.

aww thanks guys i feel a bit better now! he comes in every evening at tea time and has a huge hutch and run in the day. him and my dog are best friends, i thought he might be frightened of her but he loves her! hes really happy so i think i might keep him on his own at the mo.

Does he live outside in the day?

I wouldn't make any firm decisions right now. Get him neutered first and then think about it.

If he's out in the day on his own, I'd be tempted to get him a spayed female from a rescue as a companion once he's been neutered. You know how much you love Harry? Well just think how much you'd love another just like him. ;)

i always think its nice for any animal where possible to have company of thier own kind. however i do understand it needs to be the right companion. the ebst way to find a freind is to take him once neutered to aresceu to choose his partner that will make bonding much easier. i wouldbe careful about indoors and outdoors as some people have had problems with buns adjusting to the climate changes.... i think if outdoors on own a friend would be particularly nice x

i always think its nice for any animal where possible to have company of thier own kind. however i do understand it needs to be the right companion. the ebst way to find a freind is to take him once neutered to aresceu to choose his partner that will make bonding much easier. i wouldbe careful about indoors and outdoors as some people have had problems with buns adjusting to the climate changes.... i think if outdoors on own a friend would be particularly nice x

That is why I asked if he was outside during the day. Be careful bringing him in of an evening, especially in these colder months.

Back