• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Hi ,I have just joined as i have been looking for info on baby rabbits as i have just found 2 in my hutch!
I have a brother and sister together and knew it was likely to happen but unfortunately as much as i tried to seperate them it obviously didnt work :). I have left them alone and mum is doing a grand job looking after them, dad is booked in to be castrated next week so all should be well. What i would like to know if anyone out there can tell me is how soon afterwards can she get pregnant again?
They come out every day together and run around a large patio so i am not sure if he may have got her already because i didn't know the babies were there and they already look about a week or so old.
Ifanyone can give me some advice that would be great. x:D

Oh dear, you need to seperate them IMMEDIATELY as she can get pregnant again even though she has just had a litter. If she is young then having another litter so soon afterwards may cause health problems.

I would ask your vet what to do now for the best. It may be more feasible to get the doe speyed as soon as you can to prevent any more litters and then get the boy neutered as soon as afterwards.

Whatever you decide please get advice from a vet as soon as you can.

i would probably say your girl is already pregnant again, they will and can get a doe pregnant again within minutes of the doe having the kits.
i would house the boy seperately and arrange to get him neutered asap. whilst the doe is raising the kits, he can have the op and recover. bucks need to be away from the female anything up to six weeks after the op anyway just in case he is still fertile.

Back