• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All Kicking off and I need to make a decision today

clarem

Warren Scout
I have posted quite a few times to get advice on my bonding situation and it has now all come to a head and I feel I have to make a decision. To cut a long story short I have 2 pairs and a single after bonding disasters with a 4 and a 3. One pair is indoors after an injury but today is the 5th day and vet says they can go back outside. One pair living in Thistle Hall outside and one lucky lady has the whole shed to herself after the split. The pair in the Thistle Hall are scuffling everytime they see another bun and the pair inside are in a very small puppy crate and really need to go back in their outdoor space. I tried to put the original 3 back together briefly this morning in a pen in the lounge but straightaway things kicked off and I can see that this is going to be a no-go, I think this pair just don't want any other bun playing gooseberry Now they need to go back in their shed which leaves me no-where to put my single bun and also not sure what to do about the other pair who scuffle everytime they catch sight of another bun, my garden is not that big that I can put them somewhere out of sight and they need to have access to the run as the Thistle Hall is not that big. Help, I will take any advice going as I feel we can't go on with everyone fighting

Could you make different let out times for the rabbits? Maybe only letting one pair out for so long then the other? I know this would be a struggle but it could maybe keep everyone happy. :)

Sorry, I haven't read all your previous posts but are they all neutered/spayed and what are the sexes?
Only other suggestion would be for them to go somewhere else to be bonded in an unfamiliar environment.
If you have to keep them in your current two pairs and a single - could the shed be divided into two so the two pairs cannot see each other, then the single could have the hutch.

Also, meant to add - I work in MK, so if there is anything I can help with, let me know. I have done a couple of bondings for people - but I would not deem myself an expert by any means. If you need to contact me, PM me, I don't get on this site as often as I would like - but the PM reminder into my email works well.

Sorry - me again, I have now found your previous posts and sorry to say, it sounds as though you have done everything I would have suggested already. I have managed to get four together before but I had several problems with the two boys - another four went to Tracy in Rugby to get together - she succeeded.
All bonds are different, in my experience, so it is really difficult to give advice.
I am currently contemplating another one or two - and your posts are really making me think again...

Thanks for all your replies, I have PMed you. If I had known what a nightmare it would be trying to bond a group I would have stuck with the two I had :D

Back