• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tila's going to be a regular at the vets now =[ U/D Thank god he's eating now

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
So I've been planning for a week or so to take him to the vet to get his claws clipped and a general health check. It wasn't urgent as his claws weren't overly long.

But then today I noticed his teeth were becoming a little overgrown and uneven. Ten minutes later I had an appointment booked and he was in the carry cage (after some coaxing with banana).

So the vet had a look at him, actually,two vets did. Apparently he's injured his jaw (either fractured or possibly even boken) some time in the last few months. The reason we didn't notice (even the vet thought it a little strange considering the pain he must have been in) was because he never went off his food for even a day. She suspects it was when he was kicking and thumping in his hutch, as he often does at night.

So anyway, it healed by itself, but it formed a callouse of bone (I even had a feel when she noticed it - Its a big hard lump of bone that shouldn't be there). As a result, his teeth don't quite line up exactly anymore. They are not severe, but they have been put out enough that they need to be regularly trimmed at least every two to three months, monthly if needed.

I feel guilty for not noticing it when it happened, although the vet said there should be no reason why I should have noticed because he didn't show any indicators of pain or illness. I'm just glad it got picked up when it did, before his teeth got too bad.

The vets adore him there, they all came in and had a look, unable to resist the ":love: how adorable is he!!" remarks and giving him a little pat. I wish he'd let me handle him the way they did today :lol: The vet clipped his claws and his teeth without so much as a kick or even a grunt. I couldn't believe it when he just sat there and let her hold his mouth open and trim his teeth, he stayed so calm!

But I think the small ordeal did cause him a little bit of stress :( Usually he jumps at dinner but tonight, no. I've been checking on him though, and he has eaten a little bit, just not as much as usual. I imagine his teeth may hurt, this is the first time they've needed to be trimmed.

I hope he eats some more soon though. Is it okay if he's only eaten some pear and some hay?

Last edited:
Ive just been out to check him and he's eaten some more. He's now aten some banana, a little bit of mint and pellets as well as some more pear. I suppose he just doesn't feel like alot tonight.

Why is it they always behave at the vets little monkeys.

Hope he is feeling better soon poor little thing.

Tell me about it :lol: They couldn't believe it when I warned them that he's fiesty... Because of course he was the perfect angel for them :D

He seems to be okay, he's laying stretched out and relaxed. I think it may just be the heat putting him off his food, he eats much more when its cool. He has eaten something though, so thats a relief..

A little funny thing I forgot to add in the initial post:
As soon as I took him out of his carry cage and put him in the hutch, he went straight to his litter box to do some business! :lol: He refused to do it in his carry cage, what a sweetie!

Back