• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 Fosters and a treat ball

They're ace!!!
I love the way they ignore the treats that come out, they just love chasing the ball!!

Yeh, lol, especially Summer (the blue butterfly lop), she gets so excited by the ball Roger (the black) and Tilly (the head tilted sable marten) can just go long and eat it. It's even funnier in the mornings when they get food because they just run around like headless chickens missing the food that is actually there.

They all look like they are realy enjoying that game!:D
I love Tilly- she certainly does'nt let that head tilt get in the way:p
Think i'll look for treat balls in the pet shops, i never noticed them before.
Hope they all get fab homes.
Liz.

:D Tilly is doing great. Her head tilt is improving all the time, but she will probably never be fully upright. But yes, she is no push over, she shoves for food, sneaks in, and doesn't act like a disabled bunny. The only thing she occassionally has problems with is going down from something. She gets up quite easily, but then gets stuck, so anything she can get on has to have steps down. She has been having intensive physiotherapy as well as massages recently and had an antibiotic injection last Tuesday, so something is working, just not sure what.

They will be being rehomed as a trio. They are all a bit special needs in their own way, especially Tilly and Roger, and I'm hoping the perfect home will come along. They will be going up for adoption at the RSPCA soon with a load of explanations and guidance and hopefully whoever takes them will work closely with me given that I know them better than anyone else. They are absolutely a pleasure and if I didn't have so many, they would be staying here, but being here as a long term foster is good enough for me, and if they never find a home, then they will stay here. I love them :D

ETA, I got my treatballs from P@H, they are in the food section with bowls and stuff like that.

awhh! :love:
that is sooo sweet. :)

I have given pebble her treat ball this morning, she picks it up and trows it across the cage! :lol: And makes a hell of a racket. She keeps of playing with it even when its empty. :lol: xx

Oh you are very kind to take such care and attention of their needs and i hope if they get a home its as good as the one you are providing right now.
I know what you mean though- you cant keep on keeping all the bunnies that come your way. However when we say 'thats enough now', theres always more room and love somehow:).
The only P@H near me is in belfast but am going up there soon anyway so will look for treat balls. My lot will go nuts for them:lol:
Keep us posted on the progress.
Good luck,liz x.

I was also just about to suggest ebay. I just got mine from P@H but equally you can get them many places :)

Thanks guys, i will try there:D The pet shops over here are'nt great for small animals, they mostly cater for cats and dogs but i know my brood would love treat balls so its off to ebay i go:wave:
Liz x.

Hello

Do you think one of those could cause fights - we are still in a quite delicate stage of bondng Eric and Ernie and I don't want to give them anything that will upset them. Eric is very food orientated and if he thinks Ernie is takng it away from him, he gives a little nip on the "Bum! It doesn't hurt (i don't think) It's just a warning!!

Perhaps if I got 2!!!

Yes, they can definitely cause fights, but yes, two can solve that problem (it did with mine).

Thanks Sky-o:wave:

We are movng them into the shed this week (hopefully) and I may get them one each, however, we have bonfire night to contend with first, so I may get them after then!!! Too much stress around with them at the moment!!!

But thanks anyway.

I would suggest supervising them the first time because having two might still cause problems.

Thanks again Sky-o

Will take it all really slowly.

It's been quite a roller coaster ride since we got them in MAy, but hopefully, once they're in their shed, everything will fall into place for them and they can live peacefully together!:)

Back