• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Supreme Junior and Mature U/D with more info

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
I posted recently about the two new foods that Supreme Science Selective were launching this month, one for babies and one for oldies, here are the details

This is the Junior one

ScienceSelectiveJuniorx2.jpg

Close up of the ingredients

ScienceSelectiveJuniorx3.jpg

This is the Mature one

ScienceSelectiveMaturex2.jpg

Hope you can read it, if not and you want anymore details then let me know

Last edited:
Oooh interesting, thanks Snowy :) With humans, we excrete any additional unneeded vitamin C don't we, are bunnies the same? (i.e. if the other ingredients are broadly similar to the standard one but it's higher fibre, is the additional vitamin C content something to worry about?)

Also it will be interesting to see what sort of age is considered 'mature' for the purposes of bunny food...cats turn 'mature' at around 8 don't they, so would my lot of 5 year olds be considered suitable candidates for this new one in any case...hmmm...plenty to be thinking about!

Edit: cross posted with Bluebunny, great minds think up the same questions :lol:

I would have thought 5 -6 years old would be classed as mature, but will go back and ask them tomorrow to see what they are classing as mature.

Just photographed the back of the package and interesting to see that they class a mature bunny as 4+

ScienceSelective037backofpackage.jpg

Hope you can see the picture

Thanks for the info Snowy, useful for the boarding business as we stock SS here(amongst other feeds) and will be able to advise people more clearly now. Just out of interest what age does it state the Junior one goes up to?, as we only have the regular here at the moment.

This is the Junior One
ScienceSelective042backofthejuniorp.jpg

I hope you can see it OK, you may be able to make out that it says for juniors 4-20 weeks

Thanks Snowy that's excellent. It's rare we get them in that young so looks like we will just need the regular and adult for now:D

Rightio!

They haven't been launched yet, but the launch is expected during November, they should be with wholesalers and retailers by the end of November providing all goes to plan.

Price hasn't yet been determined but should be in line Science Selective prices, lets hope it's not too much

Not in 10 kg bags to start with, as with all new products they launch in small quantities to test the market and so will be in 2kg sacks to start with and hopefully some places should have 350gr sample packs so watch out for those. If all goes well and the products are a success then they will produce 10kg sacks by demand

If I find anything else out I will let you know, any other questions?

Thanks for the info, it all sounds very sensible. Its nice to see a feed company that's up to date on rabbit diet requirements :D

Thanks for the info, it all sounds very sensible. Its nice to see a feed company that's up to date on rabbit diet requirements :D

Yes, I am hoping they will bring out a diet version too for overweight bunnies that are neither junior or mature, have made the suggestion to them

If I get anymore info I will let you know

I'm sure supreme know more about pet food than I do, but I personally wouldn't feed my oldies exclusively on a 22% fibre Timothy based pellet. I think elderly buns benefit from more protein, etc, to keep weight on.

I reckon that the 'mature' sounds like a good pellet for any non-breeding adult rabbit.

Back