• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They are two pairs again....

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
mum put a divide up, to see what would happen if they were int wo pairs again, and then when she fed them pebbles could actually eat in peace without being chased around :roll:

n for the past hour she has been happy flopped up against domino with her eyes closed, she looks so happy. Where as normally she is sitting alone. Mum said since ive been gone its become a trio, and a single living together, she is just ignored all the time.

They dont fight, and they dont dislike each other, its just i swear they know there family n she isnt. n they ignore her, and peanut chases her, so shes left out.

So i have decided to make them as two pairs again. I am disappointed as i loved seeing them together and they looked very very cute as a group, but nothing is worth pebbles being sad.

mum put a divide up, to see what would happen if they were int wo pairs again, and then when she fed them pebbles could actually eat in peace without being chased around :roll:

n for the past hour she has been happy flopped up against domino with her eyes closed, she looks so happy. Where as normally she is sitting alone. Mum said since ive been gone its become a trio, and a single living together, she is just ignored all the time.

They dont fight, and they dont dislike each other, its just i swear they know there family n she isnt. n they ignore her, and peanut chases her, so shes left out.

So i have decided to make them as two pairs again. I am disappointed as i loved seeing them together and they looked very very cute as a group, but nothing is worth pebbles being sad.

Wise decision :)

Awww what a shame it hasn't worked out, you must be gutted :( From the sound of it, Pebbles was bottom of the hierachy and not enjoying her place there, so it's probably for the best.

Hope you're doing ok :)

Edit: spooky...nothing for ages then two of us post at exactly the same time :lol:

I also had a 4 that I had to split and it was the best decision for them. The ony thing mine miss out on is the extra free range time as they have to take turn now but at least they are all happy. I hope yours are all ok now and get their original bonds back:D .

it was hard bcus no bunny was getting injured so it made it a more difficult decision,and its very hard bcus Jelly loves domino ive actually never seen that bun more happy then when she was with her boy. She literally adores him.

and he adores her, they r currently sitting either side of the pen and she is grooming him aparantly :(:(

it makes it very hard. i feel so guilty. but i feel more guilty watching pebbles be lonely

I'm glad you've sorted something that will make Pebbles happy. :) Shame it didn't work out though.

i am upset bcus its not like there wa sa fight, and when u put them out in the run they are just so so happy together, its all down to food.

thats what ruins it. when they r outside they r happy as anything, sitting together, grroming each other etc, but as soon as there in their room n food is out, pebbles is pushed away.

Aww, atleast she's happy though now.
I know very little about bonding situations but if Jelly loves Domino so much can't you maybe let them all have an hour a day together or something free ranging?

well, were kind of discussing whether to split the room up, for most of the day and then let them have a few hours together at night once food has been eaten. because pebbles sits on her own after food bcus shes been chased so she goes and hides. but when u come down in the morning, shes sometimes snuggled with them all, and bcus there is no fights, were thinking maybe let them live side by side, through the mesh n then give them time together in the evenings.

the only way i wouldnt do that is if dominance/humping began becus it wa slike a re bond, but i doubt that would happen,, but if it dos i would stop it and 100% seperate, but at the moment, i may try it. because jelly wont stop trying to get to domino.

and if i split them 100% i couldnt let them free range together bcus they would start a re bond but if they r in sight of each other all the time they mnight be okay

Back