• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long for blood test results to come back?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Lilli-Mai on tuesday was given a blood test andit showed that herkidneys werent functioning properly the vet said she'd need to send therescults to the lab so we know the problem etc. i was told they'd have the results back no later then friday. hadnt heard anything sogave them a ring fri afternoon and was told they didnt have the results back and that toring up next week. Lilli-Mai is wasting into nothing :cry:shes painfully thin andimkeeping her going with seringe feeding her mushed pellets and water :(

she was given a 9 day course of panacur and fibreplex thats all she was given thing is Lilli is still active just has no appitite and loosing weight rapidly she weighed 1.8kg (think thats what their weighed in) on tuesday and shes thinner and lighter then what she was then now :( , the test did show low red blood cells aswell.

shes pooing but as much as she should and there all black and small but not really small ifthat makes sense :? the wee however is quite clear like shes just peeing water :? the vet was made aware of that on tuesday i even had to ask for the blood test because they couldnt see anything wrong except her weight :? tomorrow i could take her to another vet for a second opinion if you think that would be better?

I would take her to another vet. Her kidneys could be failing by the sounds of it. I don't think it's something they should be sitting waiting on. I know certain blood tests can take a while to come back, but to have to wait more than a few days isn't right. I hope Lilli Mai will be ok.

From what you are saying and from the blood results you already have it does sound like Renal Failure to me.
I would try to keep as much fluids going into her as possible tonight and contact your Vet again first thing tomorrow morning.

Back