• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so proud of my baby, he's getting friendlier with me! =D

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
I can't believe how much he has changed, personality wise, from just a few tiny things I've changed on advice from people here.

He has become a very much happier bun since I stopped closing the upstairs door on his hutch - he now permanently has free run of both levels day and night. I only kept him up the top at night because I was worried about the stray cats in our area and such - but Shandy takes care of that problem :lol: What a wonderful dog she is, she protects both Tila and Gingersnap's hutches from strange animals.

I also removed the divider from the top floor - how much of a difference it makes! Just removing one thin bit of ply board seems to make so much more stretching space.

As a result of these two little changes, he seems to be much happier and less snappy when I put my hands in the hutch :lol:

I also got him a litter tray yesterday. I cleaned out his hutch and placed a small handful of his 'pellets' on top of the tray. I came out this morning to find he had dug in and rearranged the litter as he liked and used it. I'm so proud of him, I didn't even have to show him the litter tray was there! Hopefully that will help reduce the smell too, being able to better contain where he wees.

He's also starting to come to me on his own when he's out now. Before all he would do was leap and bound away. Today I sat on the grass, as did my dad (He seems to like my dad, he gets lots of scratches behind the ear from dad :)) and we let him hop around. Quite a few times today he came up to us of his own accord - before todayhat was unheard of in Tila :lol:. So I just gave him a pat and let him go again to show him I wasn't going to grab him every time he came near.

Unfortunately it started to get dark, and it was bed time. Sometimes he will go back in of his own accord, but most times he's just having too much fun. But today, surprise of surprises, he let me approach him and pick him up! I got a nice kick in the stomach as soon as he realised I was heading for his hutch :roll:, but I took it in my stride. He actually let me pick him up while he was outside his hutch! (I got some nice scratch marks from that kick, too... I'm going to book him into the vets for a claw trim and a general health check, he doesn't trust me enough to clip his claws yet, tried again today. I try every few days, to no avail. Oh well. One day.)

My baby is staring to be nice :love:. Bit by bit, but a little bit of love from him today is better than none yesterday!

It's very rewarding isnt it :D

I've not read any of your previous posts but, assuming your rabbit is quite new to you, the changes may just keep coming. I've had Muppet for about 20 months now and it's so different now to how he was in the beginning (and he was always friendly and - after the initial settling in period - confident). He still wont let me trim his nails tho!!!

i love the little changes that happens when they start to trust us.... its amazing and makes the heart go all fuzzy warm.. ive never before kept an animal that has take so long to gain trust, even the chipmunks only took about 6 months to win over...

really glad your baby is starting to trust and love you :love::love::love:

Back