• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scratching ears alot and shakeing head. U/D

Mazda

Warren Veteran
I have noticed that pebble is scratching her ears alot lately. Then followed by that a very violent shake of the head!

Is this a sign of ear problems? x

Last edited:
It sounds like it could be mites, but equally she might have a bit of fur stuck in them or something. Have you looked in her ears?

I'd have a good look in her ears and feel around them and see how she reacts and whether there are any visible signs of anything. I'd think it's most likely mites, but I'm sure your vet would soon be able to spot any problems there, you're taking her to the vets tomorrow to be spayed aren't you? So she could be throughly checked then! x

ive checked her ears, they look clear :?
I will have another look though in a bit.

She is maulting quite heavily. Could that have anyhting to do with it? x

If she has an infection you wouldn't necessarily be able to see that (sometimes that can only be identified with a culture), but mites might leave some crusty stuff around. It might be she has fur in it from her moult, so maybe give her a good groom?

U/D

Well the vet checked her ears and everything when she was spayed, and said they were fine. But she is still scraching her ears and violently shakeing her head... so im confused!

Any ideas of whet it can be?

I'd still say it's probably an ear infection. You wouldn't be able to see just by looking in her ear, a special instrument with a light is needed for looking into the ear canal.

the vet did look in her ear with an instument thingy :? but Pebble was getting stressed, so she said she w ouldl look when she was under anastetic. So i dunno what they did. :? Shall i take her back to the vets?

The receptionist knows mums voice now! haha!

Back