• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mmm curly kale

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Mummeh givved me this funneh green stuffs. but it sure is scrummeh.

251020081755.jpg

251020081757-small.jpg

Yummy yummy - my two love curly kale, and the piggies go absolutely wild for it. Never tried it myself :oops:

8nt_best-smiliescom_animal336.gif
carrot.gif

Don't even know how it's done :oops: Is it boiled like cabbage? Or even raw :oops: :lol: :lol: Can you tell I'm not much of a cook :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't even know how it's done :oops: Is it boiled like cabbage? Or even raw :oops: :lol: :lol: Can you tell I'm not much of a cook :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think you do it same way you would do greens, blanch. nick would be ashamed of me right now becca

i think you do it same way you would do greens, blanch. nick would be ashamed of me right now becca

Well I guess if you've never done it how would you know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's my excuse anyway. I'm not confident in the kitchen at all - it's amazing I'm not stick thin really but I seem to manage somehow :roll: Maybe it's all the chocolate :lol: :lol:

Well I know what I'm buying for Josie when I pop to Asda later... well I know what I'm sending the other half to Asda for :lol:

Btw, such a cute bunny! x

i saw curly kale in the veggie section the other day but it was pre packed, is that ok? do u give a selection of stuff in the bowl of veggies or just one???

i saw curly kale in the veggie section the other day but it was pre packed, is that ok? do u give a selection of stuff in the bowl of veggies or just one???

That's what I get - they love it - I give it with the other veg I give, but you need to give very small quantities to start with and slowly increase the amount (Bella and Tarquin don't get too much at a time). Mine get cucumber, celery, a very small amount of carrot, watercress, baby corn, beans, sugar snap peas, mange tout (not always at the same time, depends what is available).

I usually steam it for 5 to 7 minutes with lashings of garlic and a bit of ginger or a sprinkle of carraway seeds.

Back