• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time I said hello :-)

vonnie

New Kit
Have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

Have been considering getting a couple of rabbits for a few months. I am completely animal crackers and would have a zoo if I had my way by now, but OH tries his best to be the 'sensible' one and rein me in!

My real passion is rare breed poultry and I have 10 girls at the moment - a mix of 4 partridge brahmas (3 raised from eggs this summer - see avatar pic!), 2 buff orpingtons, 2 australorps, 1 cream legbar and one lavendar pekin which all free range about my garden. Also have 2 rescue cats Inca and Maya, and have kept rats in the past.

I'm starting as a complete novice, but always research like mad before I get my animals, hence not just jumping straight in. I'm also determined that my bunnies will be rescues.

I have been looking at the rabbits in need forum, and wondered how folks here feel about a newbie taking in one of the rehoming cases. Do those running rescues always look for experienced homes?

Nice to meet you all and look forward to learning lots and contributing a bit.

:wave:

hi and no rescues will happiily take on first time owners to rehome to provided you research and agree to the animal having a fab life and adequete dietry adn space needs buns love company so a bonded pair is brillinat rabbit rehome has a list of buns country wide looking for homes and rescues by location if oyu wanted to get in contact most rescues will want teh minimum outdoor set up to be a shed or a 6x3x3ft hutch with attatched run adn as an indoor set up to be a 48inch dog crate size with free acess to a room or largeg area 24/7. which is nice. either way all the rescues will help you find the right bunny for you. there are so many needing homes its great you are thinking of rescueing there are a lot of long term bunnys who have been in care for a long time adn realyl need a special home or if you have the time then there are special needs bunnys who just need that extra tlc

Back